Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Help Me With Picking Out My Roof Rack

Old 10-19-2008, 08:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Help Me With Picking Out My Roof Rack

Hey can yall help me pick out a roof rack?

I have been looking at ones from Warrior Products, as well as Yakima and Thule.

I want a versitale one that looks good, and also has light mounting tabs. But that can also be easily removed so that I can put my hardtop back on easily, and then still have the rack

Opinions/Pics?

Thanks
Old 10-19-2008, 03:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bwoodfin
Hey can yall help me pick out a roof rack?

I have been looking at ones from Warrior Products, as well as Yakima and Thule.

I want a versitale one that looks good, and also has light mounting tabs. But that can also be easily removed so that I can put my hardtop back on easily, and then still have the rack

Opinions/Pics?

Thanks
Old 10-19-2008, 03:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Any pics or links to the ones you are considering?
Old 10-19-2008, 05:44 PM
JK Freak

I went with the Warrior. It's heavy-duty, looks good, doesn't rattle and has light tabs in the front and rear. However, I would not recommend it if you're looking for one that disconnects easily. The only other one that I liked was by Wild Boar.

Also, check out this thread: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/roof-racks-45312/

Last edited by JoeBlob; 10-19-2008 at 05:51 PM.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Do any of them disconnect easily to remove the soft top? Is this a big pain to do?
Old 10-20-2008, 12:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Gobi.

I think I read somewhere that you can lower/raise the softtop without lifting their rack... at least I'm pretty sure it was theirs.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ARRRRGGGGHHHH - Stop with all the great ideas... Just reminds me that i have to save up more money for more goodies. Love that Gobi 2-Dorr Stealth Rack!
Old 10-20-2008, 04:45 AM
JK Super Freak

I have the Warrior also, it is not a problem getting the hardtop on and off with the rack still on, there is plenty of room to get the freedom panels out and you just have to lift the back section up a couple of inches and bring it back until it clears the rear support. I don't have any lights but the back light tabs make a good place to mount a hi-lift.

Old 10-20-2008, 06:43 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jeepin Dad
I have the Warrior also, it is not a problem getting the hardtop on and off with the rack still on, there is plenty of room to get the freedom panels out and you just have to lift the back section up a couple of inches and bring it back until it clears the rear support. I don't have any lights but the back light tabs make a good place to mount a hi-lift.

Hey Jeepin Dad, have you tried to disconnect your rack? Mine was really hard to get on. I'm pretty sure it will explode if I try to take it off...
Old 10-20-2008, 07:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JoeBlob
Hey Jeepin Dad, have you tried to disconnect your rack? Mine was really hard to get on. I'm pretty sure it will explode if I try to take it off...
I unbolt the basket and take it off often, only way I can fit into the garage, the back bar comes off at the snap pins pretty easy but the front brackets will have to be taken off at the mounting bracket bolts to get it off.

I normally just have the cross bars on and no basket.

Quick Reply: Help Me With Picking Out My Roof Rack