Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Help Needed with JK Purchase - Overseas

Old 11-02-2015, 05:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Needed with JK Purchase - Overseas

Hello guys, new to the forums here. Danny from the Middle East (Don't get ideas lol).

I was looking to purchase the Rubicon Hard Rock when I know that my favorite color on this truck is discontinued for 2016. Copper Brown with Saddle Brown interior, so I decided to go with the all white instead.

Unfortunately the Hard Rock doesn't have the saddle brown option for the interior, only the Rubicon (dunno why). Since I really hate black leather, I decided to go with the White Rubicon with Saddle interior and upgrade it to become Hard Rock. I can always sell the other parts. The real difference is in the bumpers and hood, so these must be added. The other items pertaining to the Hard Rock edition, I can also purchase separately.

The Rubicon exists in my part of the world but doesn't come with options like leather and semi metal look bumpers. It has the same boring look as the Wrangler sport with the exception of rims and stickers. The price is also at a +$12,000 difference. So I decided to purchase a brand new one from Houston and have it shipped to my resident country. And since I am doing that, I also decided to purchase the "MUST HAVE" items from the US and have them shipped along with it. Not looking for something dramatic like lift kits, BBK's or aftermarket rims for now. Here is my list:

[TABLE="width: 386"]
[TR]
[TD]Powertrain[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]3.6-Liter V6 24-Valve VVT Engine[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]6-Speed Manual Transmission[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Next Generation DanaŽ 44 Heavy Duty Rear Axle - 4.10 Ratio[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Next Generation DanaŽ 44 Heavy Duty Front Axle - 4.10 Ratio[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Premium Suspension with Gas Shocks[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Interior[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Manuf Statement of Origin[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Leather-Trimmed Bucket Seats[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Hard Top Headliner[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Black / Dark Saddle Interior Colors[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Radio 130[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]All-Weather Slush Mats by Mopar[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Air Conditioning with Automatic Temp Control[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Supplemental Front Seat-Mounted Side Airbags[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Alpine Premium 9-Speakers w/All Weather Subwoofer[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Exterior[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Bright White Clear Coat Exterior Paint[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]17-Inch x 7.5-Inch Polished Mineral Gray Wheels[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]LT255/75R17 BSW Off-Road Tires[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Freedom Top - Body-Color 3-Piece Hard Top[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Dual Top Group[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Body-Color Fender Flares[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Max Trailer Tow Package[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Connectivity Group[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jeep Trail Rated Kit[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Additional Parts Required:[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Rubicon Hard Rock Edition Front and Rear Metal Bumper[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Front Bumper Skidplate[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Rubicon Hard Rock Edition Power Dome Hood [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Steering Wheel Trim - Bronze[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Grab Handle Bronze[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Trim Tan Finish[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Trunk Mat[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Floor Mats[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Sunglass Bag[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Door Sills[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Emergency Tire Kit[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Hood Lock[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Hood Prop Kit[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Nozzle Wash (2 needed)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Splash Guards Rear[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Splash Guards Front [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Wheel Locks[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jeep Rubicon Sticker (2 needed)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Panel Storage Bag[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Polar Edition Tire Cover[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Those are all dealer supplied. What is missing are some really good aftermarket headlights, LED taillights, a Winch and the AMP retractable steps.

Thoughts?

P.S: For the headlights, I need ones which do not get yellow with the burning sun. I live in the Gulf...

Thanks
Danny
Old 11-04-2015, 07:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the KC Led Headlights...

Get an Spod to control the accessories, get the one with Bluetooth...its kinda cool turning on the lights etc with your phone...
OTRATTW makes some cool Spod swich covers...my favorite is the APOCALYPSE LIGHTS switch..I got all my lights, Headlights, and brakes tied into a flasher module...flip the switch and all the lights strobe...its really cool lmao especially being able to turn the stobes on and off using the Spod app on my phone.

Rigid Industries for the LED spots, bar, and Flood lights.

NavTV or Lockpick lets you watchDVDsin motion and gives you options to add backup camera, front camera, turn signal cameras all automatically activated...put jeep in reverse the Nav radio displays the backup camera...drive activates front bumper cam until you accelerate over 8mph, and using the turn signals can activate cameras mounted under the mirrors or in my case under the rock rails...for me the best part of the Lockpick is being able to use navigation keyboard while moving...

Might as well get the superchips Traildash programmer with the Rubicon it adds the abilities to use lockers and disconnects in 4xHi...some decent performance mods for the ECU and makes it easier to change wheel and tire sizes...

I'd also recommend the spiderweb shadetop....makes riding around with the top off on hot sunny days tolerable lol

1.5" wheel spacers make the stock wheels sit out nicely...gives the jeep a slightly wider stance...easily allows for 33" or 35" tires...with stock suspension!
Old 11-04-2015, 08:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bolverk
I like the KC Led Headlights...

Get an Spod to control the accessories, get the one with Bluetooth...its kinda cool turning on the lights etc with your phone...
OTRATTW makes some cool Spod swich covers...my favorite is the APOCALYPSE LIGHTS switch..I got all my lights, Headlights, and brakes tied into a flasher module...flip the switch and all the lights strobe...its really cool lmao especially being able to turn the stobes on and off using the Spod app on my phone.

Rigid Industries for the LED spots, bar, and Flood lights.

NavTV or Lockpick lets you watchDVDsin motion and gives you options to add backup camera, front camera, turn signal cameras all automatically activated...put jeep in reverse the Nav radio displays the backup camera...drive activates front bumper cam until you accelerate over 8mph, and using the turn signals can activate cameras mounted under the mirrors or in my case under the rock rails...for me the best part of the Lockpick is being able to use navigation keyboard while moving...

Might as well get the superchips Traildash programmer with the Rubicon it adds the abilities to use lockers and disconnects in 4xHi...some decent performance mods for the ECU and makes it easier to change wheel and tire sizes...

I'd also recommend the spiderweb shadetop....makes riding around with the top off on hot sunny days tolerable lol

1.5" wheel spacers make the stock wheels sit out nicely...gives the jeep a slightly wider stance...easily allows for 33" or 35" tires...with stock suspension!
Wow thanks for recommending all those mods. Some of them I will get for sure. BUT!

It seems I am in a pickle when it comes to purchasing a brand new Jeep from the US for the purpose of shipping it overseas. It seems Jeep has a dealer agreement that wouldn't allow your local dealers to sell a vehicle for an international customer.

And you ask why your economy is in deficit? You keep applying laws to yourselves which is drowning you little by little... Dunno what to do.

Quick Reply: Help Needed with JK Purchase - Overseas