Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

HOLY CRAP!!! How Hard Can It Be To Buy An MBRP Roof Rack?!!!!

Old 05-14-2014, 12:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HOLY CRAP!!! How Hard Can It Be To Buy An MBRP Roof Rack?!!!!

It's just taken me about 20 phones calls from the UK to the US to find a dealer who actually had a 2 door MBRP rack in stock. I think I pretty much called every MBRP dealer across the States before finally finding one!! I'd have been looking at a month lead time if not. Now I've finally got one on order. $500 in shipping later.... and I ain't paid the import tax yet.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow. I certainly hope it works well for you and you don;t want another rack later.
Old 05-14-2014, 04:04 PM
JK Junkie

That really sounds like a hassle. Their racks are very nice though, I've been thinking about one for a 4 dr.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:32 AM
JK Freak

This isn't that uncommon, drop ship seems to be the most common method these days.

Makes sense. I don't want to have my cash wrapped up in inventory, plus having to pay to ship a heavy item to me and then on to the customer.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

I did the same with my warrior renegade rack. Called 20 places finally found one for a good price they all tried to sell me other racks but it Had to be this one

I dont always drive where others cant. but when I do, its in my Jeep. Stay muddy my friends
Old 05-15-2014, 03:09 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Gman*2007
That really sounds like a hassle. Their racks are very nice though, I've been thinking about one for a 4 dr.
Yup. I have the Safari snorkel so this is one of the very few that will work with my setup.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by pwain
This isn't that uncommon, drop ship seems to be the most common method these days. Makes sense. I don't want to have my cash wrapped up in inventory, plus having to pay to ship a heavy item to me and then on to the customer.
Agreed but many said they could drop ship immediately which would have been tough as MBRP said they were out of stock and back ordered.

Quick Reply: HOLY CRAP!!! How Hard Can It Be To Buy An MBRP Roof Rack?!!!!