Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Horrible customer service from Benchmark Designs

Old 10-25-2010, 11:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Horrible customer service from Benchmark Designs

I purchased an evap canister skid plate from Benchmark Design's website on 9/2. I had seen a lot of good things about this company, primarily from this website, and figured I had made the right decision. Man, was I ever wrong.

On 9/13 I was e-mailed a UPS tracking number from Benchmark. It's now 10/26 and not only has my order never shipped, but I haven't been able to even hear back from Benchmark. I sent them multiple e-mails over the last month. No replies. I private messaged Benchmark via this forum, which I know they are active on. No reply. I called the only phone number available, which is a voicemailbox, left a message. No reply.

I don't think I'm out of line here. After 55 days, you'd think you would have received the product you paid for. At the very least, reply back to my numerous messages. I absolutely understand things go wrong, people get behind, whatever. I'm ok with that, and I would have been fine with any delay. However, there is no excuse for refusing to contact a customer who has already paid you money.

So, maybe i've lost $112. Fine. I'm really not trying to bitch too much here, the reason I'm posting this is to hopefully avoid any other members from being ripped off. Stick with the guys who do it right and actually care about the customer. Guys like David from Northridge4x4.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:14 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by pjay37
...So, maybe i've lost $112. ...
Sorry to hear about your problems. I've never dealt with them, although I had been considering their dual battery kit. Regardless, you should contact your credit card company ASAP and request a charge back. There is a time limit--don't lose your money because you delayed acting.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just checked and I don't have a single email from you at all. We shipped the first evaporate skid and it was returned by ups as undeliverable. We sent you an email asking for address confirmation and never heard back.

I just refunded your purchase, but I still don't know how it's possible that I don't have a single email from you other than possibly you sent it to the wrong address.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

first off, thank you for the refund. I appreciate it.

that being said, I never received any type of email or call from you about an incorrect shipping address. I just checked the shipping address on the UPS shipping notification email, and it's perfect. I find it odd that's the claimed problem because the tracking number indicates the package was never even sent at all. if the package was returned, UPS certainly would have noted it.

Quick Reply: Horrible customer service from Benchmark Designs