Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Horror stories from 4WP

Old 04-24-2012, 10:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I lived in SoCal, the Santa Ana 4WP screwed up my stuff more than once. They really didn't have a clue. You would try to explain to them what was wring and how to solve it, and they would look at you like you were speaking chinese. They couldn't even get a simple rim and tire order right. There used to be another 4WP near the Irvine Spectrum but it's gone now. The manager was a good guy, but the installers were sub-par. For the SoCal crowd, it's worth the wait and distance to get shops like Off Road Evolution to do the work. The cheap shops could cause you to have a bad accident due to their ignorance and bad installs.

Now that I'm in NC, the Raleigh 4WP is TOP NOTCH. The guys really know their stuff and go way out of their way to keep the customer pleased. Even when they are too busy to attend you, they will recommend an alternative shop to help out. Greg and Brandon are definitely the exception to the rule.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I never had good luck with the shop in Colorado Springs (was stationed at Carson for a few years). I could go on for days about how bad they were. If they don't fix your issue, spread the word....it will hurt their bottom line.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Called 4WP about a quote for installing my lift...They wanted almost DOUBLE what Off Road Evolution (who I think we all can agree are JK experts) quoted me.

I literally laughed and told the guy he was out of his mind.

After all was said and done, EVO actually ended up charging me less than quoted price...
Old 04-25-2012, 02:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Still waiting to hear from the regional manager. If nothing gets resolved they will be hearing from my lawyer!
Old 04-25-2012, 03:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man that really blows.

Give em hell, they shouldn't be doing any costumers like that.

Like another member said, 60k strong on this site. I wouldn't take a piss in the parking lot for fear of wasting recycled beer.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Four wheel parts shouldn't even be in business if they don't back up their warrantees or their dumb mechanics don't know what their doing. I really hope this reaches out to them and they do some changing around with their staff.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 4WP in Raliegh are awesome I would highly recommend them.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08RescueGreen
I never had good luck with the shop in Colorado Springs (was stationed at Carson for a few years). I could go on for days about how bad they were. If they don't fix your issue, spread the word....it will hurt their bottom line.
Yeah I'm down at Carson as well, that place wouldn't even exist if it wasn't the military being half of their community.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I seriously hope they make it right... their bad install directly lead to your damage. Let us know how it goes.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

They want me to drive back up there so they can take more pictures. These guys are trying to cover up for there mistakes after I called their regional manager.

Quick Reply: Horror stories from 4WP