Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Horror stories from 4WP

Old 08-16-2012, 10:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Crap, I got sidetracked on the spacer story and forget the important stuff: I'm not sure 4WD did anything wrong.

My JKS discos mount with the swaybar pin pointed at the tire. That's the way the JKS instructions show it, and its the only way I can see that they would fit.

I think what happened to your tires is the swaybar was not strapped into the correct position when the discos were off. The swaybar ends must be level. If they get angled up or down the pins will tear up the tires.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've actually had pretty good luck with the 4WP guys in nashville. If i had a complaint about them, its that while they seem to know quite a bit about TJs/XJs, they try to apply alot of that knowledge to JKs instead of learning the new points (i.e. proper gear ratios for autos/manuals, etc).

But their shop work has been pretty decent. In fact, after they did my gear install, my locker sensors quit working. When they pulled them out, they were both completely jammed up and unmovable. The shop manager actually pulled his brand new personal Rubicon in, pulled the sensors from his, and put them in mine so that i didnt have to wait for parts from the dealer. No questions asked, no charge.

-Adam

Quick Reply: Horror stories from 4WP