Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Hot Oil

Old 09-07-2010, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hot Oil

I have read the countless threads on here about this notification and have not been able to come to a concrete conclusion.

Recently I drove to Palm Springs from the Disneyland area and about 95 miles in the "hot oil" notification popped up on my dash. I have a 1.5" leveling kit and am running 33's. From what I understand there should have been no reason this notification would have come on unless I was towing something or putting my JK under ridiculous amounts of stress. It was about 103 degrees out but I know plenty of people who have faired under much worse.

I am looking for help as far as a similar situations with transmission coolers, overall transmission problems, or if maybe I was the exception to the rule and everything is fine.

Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Same thing

WELL I have to tell you, I have had the same issues, Here in HELL PASO Texas the normal summertime temps often run in the triple digits, I have had the hot oil several time from normal mall krawling to sand dune running and even a short trip to the market. I too was puzzled, after several trips to the stealership nothing and then I found this wonderful forum, I changed the tranny oil and filter on my Rubicon after only 4000 miles. Decided to add the tranny cooler after reading all the treads. PROBLEM FIXED...... If you get it once, chances are you will get it again.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Yeah

I am getting similar responses already about adding an extra tranny cooler. I get an oil change every 3000 miles on my automatic Sahara so I guess if there's a way to fix it adding the cooler is it. Thanks mate!

Quick Reply: Hot Oil