Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

how can you get out the mirror ding from the front door swiming around?

Old 08-31-2011, 06:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dealt with this early in my ownership. I did it, I was not drunk, I take full responsibility .
Actually was at the dealership one day and asked about it. They said we have a little old guy who comes around once a week who can fix that. Ok? So the little old Italian guy took my jeep and 1/2 hr later had it fixed and I gave him $50 cash. Go find a little old Italian guy

Seriously, didn't watch what he did but it was done cheaply.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:16 AM
JK Freak

Mabe sometimes, but basically what your doing is heating/shrinking the sheetmetal. I've done this before, and it CAN work, but ONLY on a very large rolling dent with virtually no crease, just like the guy in the video. A pdr guy will likely just push it out from behind, thats what I would do, mabe use a glue puller first.

Sidenote, when I first got into pdr, I thought it was gonna be very easy...it isnt. And when you try this type of thing without proper training youll end up making it look a lot worse and it'll end up costing you more to fix.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:18 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jctnt1
dealt with this early in my ownership. I did it, I was not drunk, I take full responsibility .
Actually was at the dealership one day and asked about it. They said we have a little old guy who comes around once a week who can fix that. Ok? So the little old Italian guy took my jeep and 1/2 hr later had it fixed and I gave him $50 cash. Go find a little old Italian guy

Seriously, didn't watch what he did but it was done cheaply.
Yup, he used pdr...I dimpled both sides, fixed my drivers side myself and my snorkel now covers the passenger side one.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:02 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scotty6336
Mabe sometimes, but basically what your doing is heating/shrinking the sheetmetal. I've done this before, and it CAN work, but ONLY on a very large rolling dent with virtually no crease, just like the guy in the video. A pdr guy will likely just push it out from behind, thats what I would do, mabe use a glue puller first.

Sidenote, when I first got into pdr, I thought it was gonna be very easy...it isnt. And when you try this type of thing without proper training youll end up making it look a lot worse and it'll end up costing you more to fix.
Scotty,

Do you still do this?... I would rather give you my business since you are on the forum. I have one on the passenger side and a very small ding on the tub near the driver side rear door. Let me know and I will PM you.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: how can you get out the mirror ding from the front door swiming around?