Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

How to deal with GF+Jeep???

Old 03-18-2012, 03:16 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by Ezekiel97
Our girlfriends must be related. I just wrote out a big long what my girlfriend does that I don't like....it's easier to just copy your first post and change our age to 21...and house is apartment. Glad i'm not the only one!
I think we can all relate. The majority of them have been raised as "Daddy's Little Girl" and expect when they're in a relationship that whatever they want, that's it's your responsibility to get it for them immediately because, if they're living with you, now you're having to fill daddy's shoes. If they don't get it immediately, then they're going to pout and be a bitch to you, since that's what they did when they were Daddy's little girl and it worked out for them. You just need to realize that there were times that even Daddy had to put his foot down and say NO!!!...this is how it is. So some times you have to do the same. They'll pout some more afterwards, but will eventually come to grips with it and realize how selfish they were being.

Women are from Venus and Men are from Mars. Working your way to that middle ground is what relationships are all about.....and yes, those bitches can be crazy......don't try to figure them out. It will only drive you insane along with them.

Most couples have friends and with me and wife, we like to play "Who wears the paints" in that relationship with our friends who are couples. Even my wife laughs at the guys who let their girls walk all over them, and get away with shit that falls outside of common sense. My wife usually says, "Damn....he needs to grow a set of balls because, that is really messed up." It's easier for them to see, when they're on the outside looking in. My best friend's wife wears the pants in his relationship and I can tell you stories that would make you just shake your head in disbelief. We still love them as friends, but it is what it is.

I also believe women like to test those boundaries, just to make sure you still have a set. Recently, my wife and I had a baby. The 1st thing she says to me is, "Our family is growing, maybe you should sell your Wrangler and buy a mini-van". I looked at her like she was crazy and said, "F you....my Jeep has 4 doors, there's plenty of room for a baby seat in the back seat. If you think we need a mini-van, then we can trade your Jeep Liberty in and you can drive that mini-van."

Last edited by Rednroll; 03-18-2012 at 03:46 AM.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:01 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been married to the same lovely girl for 41 years, so I know of what I speak. LOL Any partner in a relationship will feel unloved or left out if they are unsure of their position in the relationship. Are you in a mutually supportive relationship as far as money decisions? Do you have ''my'' money and ''her'' money? Did she have input when the Jeep was bought? You've ''been together'' for 6 years. That means different things to a man and to a woman. A woman MUST feel like SHE'S number 1 in your life. Until she feels that way everything you do will be upsetting to her. I know that getting married nowadays is considered old fashioned, ( which is too bad- as setting common goals for your lives and working together as one is the most fulfilling thing you will ever do) but most women still want to be in that category. Go at the relationship with each other as the center and life's toys will fall into place.This sounds like oversimplified advice but it works and it works EXTREMELY well.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
I think we can all relate. The majority of them have been raised as "Daddy's Little Girl" and expect when they're in a relationship that whatever they want, that's it's your responsibility to get it for them immediately because, if they're living with you, now you're having to fill daddy's shoes. If they don't get it immediately, then they're going to pout and be a bitch to you, since that's what they did when they were Daddy's little girl and it worked out for them. You just need to realize that there were times that even Daddy had to put his foot down and say NO!!!...this is how it is. So some times you have to do the same. They'll pout some more afterwards, but will eventually come to grips with it and realize how selfish they were being.

Women are from Venus and Men are from Mars. Working your way to that middle ground is what relationships are all about.....and yes, those bitches can be crazy......don't try to figure them out. It will only drive you insane along with them.

Most couples have friends and with me and wife, we like to play "Who wears the paints" in that relationship with our friends who are couples. Even my wife laughs at the guys who let their girls walk all over them, and get away with shit that falls outside of common sense. My wife usually says, "Damn....he needs to grow a set of balls because, that is really messed up." It's easier for them to see, when they're on the outside looking in. My best friend's wife wears the pants in his relationship and I can tell you stories that would make you just shake your head in disbelief. We still love them as friends, but it is what it is.

I also believe women like to test those boundaries, just to make sure you still have a set. Recently, my wife and I had a baby. The 1st thing she says to me is, "Our family is growing, maybe you should sell your Wrangler and buy a mini-van". I looked at her like she was crazy and said, "F you....my Jeep has 4 doors, there's plenty of room for a baby seat in the back seat. If you think we need a mini-van, then we can trade your Jeep Liberty in and you can drive that mini-van."
Fricken hilarious! Had a Bronco some years back lifted and several mods on it. One day my wife then girlfriend came home and said I was always working on it and spent too much time with it. I just told her she can clean herself, but my Bronco can't!

Now I got a Jeep! Found this site and constantly on it. My wife says I'm obsessive about this. Always talking Jeep this and that. She just rolls her eyes. Well the other day I gotta text from her and I thought our relationship was over after 20 years together. She did the unthinkable and said BTW...I used the tax return to pay off some bills. WTF!!!

I did find the perfect partner though...we have the same interests and get along really great, we don't argue, we communicate, we love spending time together, we did not get married until our second home, had some health scares, realized life is short quit our jobs (I had another lined up) we both worked for different employers for over 15 years, sold the 3000 square foot house and sold about 95% of the contents, packed belongings in my truck and her honda along with three pissed off cats drove down to SC where we did not know anybody, took pay cuts, bought a 1300 square foot condo on a lake, traveling and seeing more, got a dog, bought a JEEP! Have to say I'm much happier living where I'm at now and the changes in my life. We have had a lot of stressful situations and made it through. The Jeep thing is minor.

Last edited by catahoula; 03-18-2012 at 04:37 AM.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Similar situation here. Me and my girlfriend have been together for 6.5 years. I'm 24, almost 25 and she's 23. She moved into my house last summer and a month later I began looking at Wranglers. She was somewhat jealous cause her car is old and she's always wanted a Wrangler but she always had a good heart about it. I bought my 2012 JKUR a few months later. The way prevented the outrage was to let her drive it when she wants, I trust her with it and don't mind. Everythings been fantastic since and she let's me do and buy what I want for the Wrangler....I also believe she wants a ring in the future too haha but its all good.

Forgot to mention too, she loves my jkur so much that she's buying me ace rockrails so she can get some assistance stepping up into it lol...that's a good gf.

Last edited by RubiconJim; 03-18-2012 at 05:19 AM.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dump her, rent out the house or sell it if you can!
Do it now!
You've got the rest of your life to get married, I mean ruin you life!
If your arguing over money now guess what happens when it becomes "our" money!
Would you put on a lift kit that has a 50% failure rate????
That's the divorce rate in this country....
Old 03-18-2012, 05:33 AM
EzK
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've yet to see a relationship that started in someone's teens work out to be a good thing. Too young and you just get attached for bad reasons. Buying a house together is just as big in reality as marriage. You're financially stuck with each other. Sorry, I'm cynical with relationships even though I just bought a house with my gf lol.

Good luck.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TINMAN080
I've been married to the same lovely girl for 41 years, so I know of what I speak. LOL Any partner in a relationship will feel unloved or left out if they are unsure of their position in the relationship. Are you in a mutually supportive relationship as far as money decisions? Do you have ''my'' money and ''her'' money? Did she have input when the Jeep was bought? You've ''been together'' for 6 years. That means different things to a man and to a woman. A woman MUST feel like SHE'S number 1 in your life. Until she feels that way everything you do will be upsetting to her. I know that getting married nowadays is considered old fashioned, ( which is too bad- as setting common goals for your lives and working together as one is the most fulfilling thing you will ever do) but most women still want to be in that category. Go at the relationship with each other as the center and life's toys will fall into place.This sounds like oversimplified advice but it works and it works EXTREMELY well.
TINMAN is 100% correct. A woman always, and rightfully so, wants to be #1, even if they say they don't. I'm betting that if you talked to her and got to the root cause, it is because she wants to be married. I know I'll get blasted for this by some, but I'll say it anyway. A Jeep can always be replaced, finding a good woman to be a lifelong partner, key is on partner, is not so easy. Only you can make the decision what is most important to you!
Old 03-18-2012, 05:48 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Running Man
TINMAN is 100% correct. A woman always, and rightfully so, wants to be #1, even if they say they don't. I'm betting that if you talked to her and got to the root cause, it is because she wants to be married. I know I'll get blasted for this by some, but I'll say it anyway. A Jeep can always be replaced, finding a good woman to be a lifelong partner, key is on partner, is not so easy. Only you can make the decision what is most important to you!
Good opportunity here to learn from the experience of others. Tinman and RunningMan apparently know of what they speak. I'll add that after 20 years and 2 kids, the only hobbies you get to keep are the ones you share. Strap her into the passenger seat, put the top down and head for the hills, then let her drive home.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:55 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by ptwilson
Good opportunity here to learn from the experience of others. Tinman and RunningMan apparently know of what they speak. I'll add that after 20 years and 2 kids, the only hobbies you get to keep are the ones you share. Strap her into the passenger seat, put the top down and head for the hills, then let her drive home.
So if she decides that Jeeping isn't her thang after you head to the hills, then it's the other way around, where you're out shopping for shoes, purses and dresses on the weekends???

I guess we all know how the term Mall Crawler came around then. Some dude bought a Jeep, found out afterwards his wife/gf didn't like the offroad aspect of it, where he made a compromise just be able to at least keep his Jeep.

"Hey, Honey....let's go Jeepin'....off to the mall for some browsing and shopping...and no honey, you can't wait out in the Jeep while I'm in the mall shopping....you need to tell me if these jeans make my ass look big after I try them on."

Last edited by Rednroll; 03-18-2012 at 06:01 AM.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:57 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rednroll
So if she decides that Jeeping isn't her thang after you head to the hills, then it's the other way around, where you're out shopping for shoes, purses and dresses on the weekends???
If you can't find interests that make you grow together, you will grow apart. I guess if she hates it, he has a decision to make.

Quick Reply: How to deal with GF+Jeep???