Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

How good are pro comp suspensions

Old 11-07-2014, 10:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no experience with ProComp and cannot help you with that. But I have often heard the saying, "Friends don't let friends buy ProComp" on jeep forums.

I do have experience with other lifts, and I can tell you when you take the cheap route it is noticeable. And when you ride in a vehicle that has a properly nice suspension system you notice how good it feels. Taking the cheap route you loose something, could be ride quality or strength. You get what you pay for. just my and is worth what you paid for it.
Old 11-08-2014, 06:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine rides same as stock. Besides, it's a Jeep not a Caddy.
Old 11-08-2014, 07:16 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pro comp, skyjacker and Rubicon Express are all less than desired quality lifts. If you are into quality, metal cloak, rock krawler, full traction, teraflex.

Like most things in life, you get what you pay for.
Old 11-11-2014, 05:08 PM
JK Newbie

After looking into those I really like the rock Krawlers.
Old 11-11-2014, 05:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Haven't run a Procomp lift since my YJ but it looks like the reviews are similar. I thought I needed to get a kidney transplant after running a Procomp lift it was so stiff. Brutal...
Old 11-11-2014, 08:43 PM
JK Newbie

I have a ProComp lift and hear a lot of FOD from folks about them. Would be interesting to see how many haters actually wheeled with them versus just parroting some other hater. Mine works fine. I wheel some fairly rough terrain and it works without issue, and it rides fine on the road. You have to lube it and check bolts from time to time as with any lift, and the shocks make a huge difference. I have the adjustable MX6's on mine and can make it float like a caddy or ride like a buckbord. I typically go for something a little closer to Caddy

I did get the stage 2 so got the front track bar and rear re-lo kit. Didn't get the high-steer kit but probably won't either, dont think I need it. Doesn't use a dropped pitman arm which is good. About the only thing I might do is relo the zerks on the CAs.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:50 PM
JK Newbie

Sorry for duplicate post.

Last edited by DirtDvl; 11-11-2014 at 08:51 PM. Reason: dupe

Quick Reply: How good are pro comp suspensions