Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

How much do you pay each month...

Old 04-12-2009, 02:47 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$400/month, 60 month loan (@ 5.2%). Just a little over 3 years left. Definitely sucks buying in a sellers market, but I worked hard for the best deal possible on what I wanted. I had to go through a few dealers who basically wouldn't budge off of sticker price before finding a motivated seller. If I were in the market now I could be getting into a Rubicon for a little more/month that I am paying now. I even looked at a Rubi a month ago and was tempted with all of the incentives, but wasn't interested in starting over on a loan for something that really wasn't a necessary upgrade.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:50 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Big A
Several things were factored into the price i am paying...

When i bought mine in Feb 08, The market was tight on the Rubicons, And NOBODY had them on their lots. This forced a supply/demand in my area as only one dealer had them... Damn near MSRP ---34k

Traded in a KJ and got hosed on it... 3k upside down

No money down

Max Care lifetime warranty- What a joke. I didn't even get a reach around... 2k

No special financing was available on the Wranglers, So 8.9% for 72 months

Payment of $709/mo for 72 months... Yep, I am getting hosed bad, But that was the price i chose to pay because i wanted it NOW.

IMO, even though i am paying an absurd amount for mine, It's worth every last penny to me.

Ouch! Bottom line is if you're happy, then it is worth it.
Old 04-12-2009, 05:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

I haven't picked mine up yet or even started the payments, but it will be $344.54 for my 2 Dr. Rubi with Power options, premium sound, and tinted windows options, and 6 Speed. It is definately alot but is well worth the extra money for the Rubi. I should be getting back to the states within the first couple days of May and picking it up.
Old 04-12-2009, 05:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They gave me a fair $1000 trade in for my old beater Isuzu Rodeo, and my payments are $354 a month for 48 months.

That was a bone stock X with A/C and the Infinity system
Old 04-12-2009, 05:44 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 165 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by RescueGreen#3
holy crap!!! some of you dudes are paying a TON for a car payment.

I pay $192.04 (0% for 36 months). I bought it in 2008. one year down, 2 more to go til it's all mine

fer reals, I'm like "bleachhh... car payment?"
$192.04 x 36 = $6913.44
You got a fantastic deal if it's a JK.
And what does this mean: fer reals, I'm like "bleachhh... car payment?"
Old 04-12-2009, 05:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ronjenx
$192.04 x 36 = $6913.44
You got a fantastic deal if it's a JK.
And what does this mean: fer reals, I'm like "bleachhh... car payment?"
LoL - He must have put down at least $20,000.00 for that deal.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

When i bought mine in Feb 08, The market was tight on the Rubicons, And NOBODY had them on their lots. This forced a supply/demand in my area as only one dealer had them... Damn near MSRP ---34k

No money down

Payment of $709/mo for 72 months... Yep, I am getting hosed bad, But that was the price i chose to pay because i wanted it NOW.

IMO, even though i am paying an absurd amount for mine, It's worth every last penny to me.
Big A - I bought mine in Jan 08 and one dealer tried to b.s. me as well. I wanted a Jeep Green Unlimited Sahara w/ manual trans, mygig, soft & hard tops. The original dealer I went to (located on rt. 18 in e. brunswick, nj) tried to tell me the lowest they could go on the Jeep was much higher than window sticker and they tried to put me into a pretty basic $23,000 +/- Black X for $350./ mo. for 72 months. They told me my credit of about 720 was bad and the interest rate was around 11%. After telling the dealer to basically go F* himself, I went to Salerno Duanne in Summit, NJ and got exactly what I wanted with the same money down as offered to the original dealer. The difference was they gave me more for my trade (04 Civic EX - loaded and paid off) and a lower interest rate of 7%. They also sold me the Jeep for window sticker $32,000 +/-. My payments are $309.00/ mo. for 72 months. It felt good when the original dealer called me a few weeks later to say they have a better deal for me and I told them - TO LATE!!!!!
Old 04-12-2009, 06:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

HOLY SH!T - when all is said and done, you are paying $51,048.00 for a Rubicon!!!
Old 04-12-2009, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default paid in full

dont mean to brag- but i guess i will...zero and paid in full

while deployed in iraq i had a my own sat system...in a week i had 40 people on my network and bought 2 more...monthly rate to have internet service was 100.00 a month.

well you just cant walk out of iraq with wads of dough so before i came back home i had walked into the military car sales and with incentives a ruby was 28k.

enough money for upgrades and a camping trailer as well as another fellows soldier 2005 tj sport...

do the math...about 80 users per month for 15 months....
Old 04-12-2009, 06:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

No money down

Kind of the same here, but there were NO JKs around within a 50 mile radius (almost 2 years ago). Now there are no dealers as well! I test drove a Sahara and was ready to talk when the sales rep said oh shit. Come to find out, the Sahara was heading out on a dealer swap and they were swapping in a Rubicon. I already knew there wasn't a Rubicon within 125 miles so we sat down and hammered out my trade etc.

I had an 04 F150 FX4 that I owed 10,500 on. They gave me 18,500 for it towards the 34,967.
I refinanced it from the 6.99% to a 4.99% about 6 months ago and pay 511 for the next 4 years. I owe 22,000 still for it. The interest has made it tough to bring the principle down with excellent credit too. I should have refinanced long ago, or shopped around for my own financing. I wanted the Jeep though and my last 4 vehicles have averaged around 465-500 monthly. Now I'm realizing I hate payments but want a new truck too. I wish I made enough to cover 2 payments, mortgage etc.

Quick Reply: How much do you pay each month...