Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

How much does your Jeep weigh?

Old 07-05-2008, 08:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default My shipping weight

My invoice weight for my unlimited is 4180 lbs.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:10 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chrisbuilt
My stock 4dr JK rubi with soft top, hard doors, 2 adults and some misc stuff in the back is 5050lbs with full tank of gas. Weighed on a certified scale.
Wow. Jeep really doesn't say what the criteria is for their stated weights (wet or dry, model or options). I've often wondered how much weight is added by the Rubicon package. Care to state how much people weight is involved in that number?
Old 07-06-2008, 05:18 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man
Wow. Jeep really doesn't say what the criteria is for their stated weights (wet or dry, model or options). I've often wondered how much weight is added by the Rubicon package. Care to state how much people weight is involved in that number?
Yes, all the manufacturers do. They are required to. If you look at the sticker on the driver's door frame you'll see where it gives the GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) for front for rear and combined. This is gross, in other words, full tank of gas, all the occupants it can carry AND a FULL load at whatever the Jeep is rated to carry. I think what we're after on this thread though is "net" or "curb" weight, which would be pretty much just the Jeep and maybe a tank of gas. I wish manufacturers would give the net weight instead gross weight. I think there would be less confusion.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:49 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Yes, all the manufacturers do. They are required to. If you look at the sticker on the driver's door frame you'll see where it gives the GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) for front for rear and combined. This is gross, in other words, full tank of gas, all the occupants it can carry AND a FULL load at whatever the Jeep is rated to carry. I think what we're after on this thread though is "net" or "curb" weight, which would be pretty much just the Jeep and maybe a tank of gas. I wish manufacturers would give the net weight instead gross weight. I think there would be less confusion.
They do list the following for "base curb weight":

2-door- 3782
Unlimited 2wd/4wd- 3,976/4,180

I just wonder if that's wet or dry, and exactly what Jeeps they use to get these numbers. Bone stock X? Rubicon? Hartop? Etc.

The GCWR w/ tow package is listed as:

2-door- 7500
4-door- 9200

Would be nice to trim weight and make them a bit more nimble and responsive, just don't know where to start aside from the obvious top and seat removal. Mine definitely feels a little peppier on acceleration minus the top and rear seat, but I give it back at highway speeds with the increased wind turbulence. I remember from my Corvette days guys were always trying to make gains via use of carbon fiber and lexan glass, can't imagine doing that stuff w/ a JK though.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll weigh mine tonight when I get to work. We have DOT certified scales.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

If anyone has curb weight for stock 2dr. Rubi that would be nice.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

My front axle weighs 2620 lb and my rear axle 2680 = 5300 lbs. Every one's Jeep will weigh different because we don't have the same mod's ( tires/wheels), bumpers, winch, ect,ect. Oh, I have a half a tank of gas. I could ditch the Hi lift jack, tool box, and recovery gear to loose weight, then just drive it on the road. I don't think so!

Howdy
Old 07-06-2008, 04:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rub61
If anyone has curb weight for stock 2dr. Rubi that would be nice.
Base Curb Weight [lb] - with Manual Transmission [lb] 4080
Base Curb Weight [lb] - with Automatic Transmission [lb] 4103

per jeep.com in the specs area of the Wrangler, it changes per model

I would bet that RubyDoo weights close to 5000 Lbs with all her stuff listed below and some more too!!!!
Old 07-07-2008, 12:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Weight??

I have a 2008 Unlimited, auto fairly loaded with equipment. I weighted it at a certified scale, 4650 lbs., with 3/4 tank of gas, and not alot of junk in the back. Thats about the same as my Liberty.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:51 AM
JK Newbie

Bingo! Mine was 4640 on our scales with me in it.

Quick Reply: How much does your Jeep weigh?