Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

How to stay warm with no top on at 40 degrees!

Old 04-13-2011, 07:17 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Abacabb
Why do all of you internet tough guys think no one will say something to you in real life? I'll be in Waynesboro, Virginia next week if you care to find out that I will be a smart ass to your face.

Are you for real????....an internet fight challenge...talk about a big L on the forehead!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 07:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice I love the 200 degrees of warm air when driving home on a cold night!
Old 04-13-2011, 07:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why do all of you internet tough guys think no one will say something to you in real life? I'll be in Waynesboro, Virginia next week if you care to find out that I will be a smart ass to your face.
Really...

Does water rust out the subwoofer? What does water do to this thing?

Last edited by Jusaplaya; 04-13-2011 at 07:28 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

That's great and all, but any idiot can graduate high school with a 4.0 GPA.

Here's to the internet tough guys that can bench 10 billion pounds and who will put the "hurtin'" on internet dudes who make them rage like 3 year old girls.
Not trying to pick a fight. I don't need to go to jail over some smartass from Jersey. I have too many people counting on me. I just don't understand why you would take an innocent post that someone made to help other people and turn it into this. You must still be a young man. Just your comment about any idiot can graduate high school with a 4.0 kinda sums up your ignorance.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jusaplaya
Really...

Does water rust out the subwoofer? What does water do to this thing?
The reason I took the sub out is because I am afraid that using the radio after it is wet back there could short circuit something and mess up the electrical. Maybe I am wrong since I don't know much about electrical, but I figure better safe than sorry.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:40 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
Are you for real????....an internet fight challenge...talk about a big L on the forehead!!!
Who said anything about fighting?

You should probably restrain from posting while impaired.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Who said anything about fighting?

You should probably restrain from posting while impaired.
Dude, you basically said you wanted me to meet up with you so you could insult me to my face. That usually leads to a fight where I am from and I am not interested in fighting anymore. Your tone was combative. I am too old for that. I told you the info about my high school and college so you wouldn't think I am just some schmuck. And by the way I went to a tough private high school and had AP classes. It wasn't like I was in the 3rd track or whatever. Why can't you just apologize and then I will apologize too and maybe we can be friends. What you said just struck me the wrong way and I am sorry if overreacted a bit, but I thought it was grossly inappropriate and I felt that it is not something that you would have said to my face. But I guess I was wrong. And just so you know, I was not drinking during any of these replies.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:57 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by surf9
Dude, you basically said you wanted me to meet up with you so you could insult me to my face. That usually leads to a fight where I am from and I am not interested in fighting anymore. Your tone was combative. I am too old for that. I told you the info about my high school and college so you wouldn't think I am just some schmuck. And by the way I went to a tough private high school and had AP classes. It wasn't like I was in the 3rd track or whatever. Why can't you just apologize and then I will apologize too and maybe we can be friends. What you said just struck me the wrong way and I am sorry if overreacted a bit, but I thought it was grossly inappropriate and I felt that it is not something that you would have said to my face. But I guess I was wrong. And just so you know, I was not drinking during any of these replies.
Innocent joke taken too serious. You went apeshit over it, figured I'd play along.

I apologize.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:58 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by surf9
The other night I was driving around in the jeep when it was 40 degrees out with just the freedom panels on. I also had the windows rolled up and the heater on about 3/4. I got so toasty wearing just a hoodie and shorts that I had to periodically turn the heat down and roll down the windows. This is a great discovery because it means I can run without the hard top back on for at least 6 months. I have found over the last few years that without the subwoofer in the back anymore, I can literally let in rain in the back of the jeep with no ill effects whatsover to the electronics. I usually have the doors off for five straight months and I have found that a 7 foot tarp over the dash with my seats pushed and folded up and just freedom panels on when it rains heavy is all I need while parked outside. Developing this strategy of how to spend more time with the top off has been one of the most fun parts of having the jeep. Since I don't have a soft top I had to figure something out and so far this has been effective. Here's to being outside!
I installed the Mopar heated seats kit in my front seats. These are awesome when I'm driving to work in shorts with no doors or top on. Gotta get another kit to keep the whiners happy on the backseat.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Innocent joke taken too serious. You went apeshit over it, figured I'd play along.

I apologize.
Thanks for apologizing. Sorry I took it so badly. I haven't been in the best mood lately and I just took it as you making fun of me and not just making a joke. Cheers!

Quick Reply: How to stay warm with no top on at 40 degrees!