Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

how's the durability and ease of cleaning of Coverking neoprene?

Old 12-15-2012, 02:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how's the durability and ease of cleaning of Coverking neoprene?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm looking into the Quadretec deal on the front and rears for 169$ but after getting a sample swatch I have concerns about 2 things.

How do they hold up to stain cleaning when scrubbing is required? I'm thinking of those little crumbs of chocolate that fall between your legs and then get melted and rubbed in. (both my wife and son are guilty of this frequently).

Secondly, I live in a very dusty area and hit Moab twice a year. Due to the dust I wash my seats at least twice a summer with a garden hose and a Shop-Vac and let them air dry. Any experiances with doing it this way or would I be better off putting the in the washing maching, and if so, do they still fit tightly after a wash or 12?

I got an orange sample from Coverking and it looks pretty good with my 09' Sunburst, unfortunatly Quadratec doesn't have this deal in orange so I may end up with Charcoal/Black...bummer.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had them, and was happy at first. They fit well, but fall apart fast and no amount of washing will get rid of stains or the funk they develop. The stitching is weak on them, but that's why they are $160.

Quick Reply: how's the durability and ease of cleaning of Coverking neoprene?