Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Hybrid V8?

Old 09-10-2007, 05:02 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hybrid V8?

Well everyone,

Being that I live in MI, home to DCX, GM, and Ford, I often see new vehicles that aren't out yet and which have that disguise vinyl cladding (like the 4 door Wrangler which I saw long before it came out or before the spy pics).

So I was over in the Flint/Grand Blanc area last night at around 10 PM and I pulled into a Mobil station. I saw 3 guys at the pumps with blue tooth headsets and clipboards filling up their vehicles. The first vehicle had the black vinyl cladding on it and looked like some kind of small minivan crossover or something. The door was open and the steering wheel had a dodge emblem on it. Big deal, right? Anyway, the other two were those ugly ant eater looking Dodge Durangos (both silver) and with the the 5.7L Hemi badges on the back. However, both of these Durangos had big yellow and black magnets or decals n them which read "Hybrid Vehicle" and "HEV." So I ask you, might a 5.7L Hemi Hybrid ever make it to the Wrangler? Would this be a good thing? I'd have asked these guys the same thing, but they were not taking questions from any of the other people at the pumps.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:00 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dizzle_65
So I ask you, might a 5.7L Hemi Hybrid ever make it to the Wrangler? Would this be a good thing?
I guess that would be a resounding no. Probably not gonna happen if a regular Hemi isn't gonna happen first.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dizzle_65
I guess that would be a resounding no. Probably not gonna happen if a regular Hemi isn't gonna happen first.
I don't know, maybe that would be the only way that they would give us a V8 and still be able to keep the nature loving ant-combustion engine people happy.

Mark
Old 09-10-2007, 12:47 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ColoradoJeep06
I don't know, maybe that would be the only way that they would give us a V8 and still be able to keep the nature loving ant-combustion engine people happy.

Mark
I'd like to thank you for being the only person amongst 71 to provide a comment.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:49 PM
JK Freak

I dont know what ant-combustion is but I dont like it!

I would love a bio-diesel or Hybrid on a Wrangler. Without a doubt I would trade this one in a second.

I mean, I love going off-road because of that unity with nature and machine. Enviormentalist Jeep owners sounds good to me.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Conradfreedumb
I dont know what ant-combustion is but I dont like it!

I would love a bio-diesel or Hybrid on a Wrangler. Without a doubt I would trade this one in a second.

I mean, I love going off-road because of that unity with nature and machine. Enviormentalist Jeep owners sounds good to me.
Sorry, ant-combustion would be what powered my 86 Toyota Corrolla. Don't want those PETA (People for the ethical treatment of Ants) coming after me.

Anti-Combustion was what I was looking for. DOh
Old 09-10-2007, 05:03 PM
JK Newbie

As far as i can tell, hybrids exist only to make greenpeace fans feel good about driving a petroleum fueled vehicle. Money wise, you never get your money out of them. It seems hybrid cars are a vehicle for environmental posers. If you are serious about shrinking your carbon footprint, ride your bike or buy an electric vehicle. Remember, mother Earth is the most important thing in the entire world, much more important than your comfort or how efficiently you get to work.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just wondering, logistically could a V8 fit under the hood of a JK? I don't think width is the issue, but what about length? I know Chrysler has stated they are shooting for a line of more refined and powerful Hemi engines fo the '09 models. Could it happen? The whole thing could happen, I guess. People have been putting V8's in Jeeps for years.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:51 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by VOLJEEPX
Just wondering, logistically could a V8 fit under the hood of a JK?

Of course it can......http://www.burnsvilleoffroad.com/Articles/05_21_07.aspx
Old 09-14-2007, 07:04 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BLKRUBI
Those are the coolest jeeps on the site.

Quick Reply: Hybrid V8?