Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I was a bad boy!!

Old 10-10-2010, 01:15 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by 08postal
HEY!
CRUISE UP JOHNSON POINT ROAD ANY DAY OF THE WEEK TO FIND ME DELIVERING TO ALL THE RICH FOLK WITH WATERFRONT HOMES!
If I were to tell you that you should press the CAPS LOCK key, you wouldn't thank me because it was so difficult to type while holding the SHIFT key, would you? Welcome to the forum, but it is a little easier on the eyes when you don't use all caps. :-)
Old 10-10-2010, 02:01 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 10-10-2010, 03:36 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
Well I live about as far NW as you can go, and I still see USPS vehicles delivering the mail....
Rural is “Where the hoot owls fuck the chickens.”

Crap I clicked the wrong thread.

oic.....it's only for the rural areas. I wonder how far out is considered rural...???

Last edited by CAOKKIE; 10-10-2010 at 03:40 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:23 PM
JK Newbie

OKAY! HERE ARE A FEW PICS OF THE NEW RHD! BUT HERE IS SOME INFORMATION ON RURAL CARRIERS. NUMBERS FROM OUR UNION, THERE ARE OVER 100,000 FULL TIME RURAL CARRIERS IN THE USA. ABOUT 45,000 PART TIME SUBSTITUTE CARRIERS. ABOUT 85% USE THERE OWN VEHICLES, WHICH WE ARE PAID EQUITPMENT MAINTENANCE ALLOWANCE. MINE IS ABOUT $31.00 PER DAY. MOST ARE IN RURAL AREAS, BUT MANY ARE RIGHT IN TOWN DUE TO RAPID URBAN GROWTH. WE ARE NOT PAID BY THE HOUR, BUT A DAILY EVALUATION BASED ON A 2 TO 4 WEEK MAIL COUNT DONE ONCE A YEAR. SO I GET PAID THE SAME AMOUNT, NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES TO DO MY ROUTE. HENSE, RURAL CARRIERS HAVE A TENDANCY TO WORK VERY FAST AND EFFICIENTLY. AND, MOST OF THE LLV'S BEING TAKEN OFF CITY ROUTES ARE BEING USED FOR PARTS, AS MOST OF THEM ARE 15 TO 25 YEARS OLD, AND AS THEY HAVE CHEVY S-10 RUNNING GEAR, MOST ARE REAL PILES OF CRAP! Click image for larger version

Name:	003_NEW.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	94717Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	94718
Old 10-11-2010, 01:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OKAY! HERE ARE A FEW PICS OF THE NEW RHD! .........Attachment 94717
Ok other than the shouting and Dave thinking he lives in city . My quesiton is why did a dealer have a RHD just sitting on the lot??? I can see them special ordering one for this task but what in the world other reason would a dealer order a RHD? Is the daeler that the whole rural carrier gang shops?
Old 10-11-2010, 05:18 AM
JK Newbie

So, did the NALC foot the bill or what?

Seriously, my father was a Postie... retired after 30+ years of delivering mail on the complete opposite coast from you (Florida) & then went on to write the local Union newsletter for the next 20 years after that! Your JKU looks downright luxurious compared to some of the DJs that he had to truck around in!

Congrats!
Old 10-11-2010, 06:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by toymaster
Ok other than the shouting and Dave thinking he lives in city . My quesiton is why did a dealer have a RHD just sitting on the lot??? I can see them special ordering one for this task but what in the world other reason would a dealer order a RHD? Is the daeler that the whole rural carrier gang shops?
I saw a couple of RHD's on the lot when I bought mine back in Dec '06... of course I am in R-Kansas...
Old 10-11-2010, 07:54 AM
JK Freak

... MOST OF THE LLV'S BEING TAKEN OFF CITY ROUTES ARE BEING USED FOR PARTS, AS MOST OF THEM ARE 15 TO 25 YEARS OLD, AND AS THEY HAVE CHEVY S-10 RUNNING GEAR, MOST ARE REAL PILES OF CRAP!
Used for parts? That's not HQ approved! LOL, which VMF is that? I received over 100 vehicles from the North East to designate to RRs here in the South Pacific. They were painted outside (looks great) but if you look at the under carriage the wrong way, rust just fell off But we got em up to par with our fleet now and they need to run another 10-15 years as the projected date of replacing these vehicles isn't till 2023
The LLV's lifespan is supposed to be 20 years. So let's do some math here: The first batch went out on the streets in 1987 and it's now 2010 = 23 years! I'd say we've done a pretty good job keeping them on the road, safely delivering mail!

I must agree that the RR carriers are more efficient in what they do. All carriers should be paid the same way. That'll weed out all the slackers.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:13 AM
JK Newbie

Hey guys! Sorry about the caps lock, don't mean to shout, just too lazy to shut it off.
No, the NALC has nothing to do with it, as the Rurals belong to the NRLCA. But, our union contract has an agreement to pay any rural carrier a $1000.00 incentive if you buy a NEW rhd vehicle. Once the pay this incentive, they agree to not assign any llv to your route for three years. If they won't pay you they have 60 days to get you an llv. There are no plans for llv's in my office. Plus they seem to only put them on low mileage (25 miles or less) routes in the Seattle District.
Thanks for the interest and responses!
If you want to see alot of rhd's on the lot, Go to POSTALPETE.COM

Last edited by 08postal; 10-11-2010 at 08:16 AM.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:59 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by derfc
So, did the NALC foot the bill or what?

Seriously, my father was a Postie... retired after 30+ years of delivering mail on the complete opposite coast from you (Florida) & then went on to write the local Union newsletter for the next 20 years after that! Your JKU looks downright luxurious compared to some of the DJs that he had to truck around in!

Congrats!
I have gone through 3 DJ5's over the past 15 years until I bought a new 2008 rhd Wrangler. Even suffered with those crappy 1979 DJ5G's (2 of them) with that lousy Audi 2 ltr 4 cylinder engines.

Quick Reply: I was a bad boy!!