Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I frigging LOVE driving my Jeep

Old 06-23-2009, 01:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alaskabound
Are all your relatives mad at you?
that is sooooo wrong...freaking hillarious, but wrong
Old 06-23-2009, 05:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Cummins 2500 lifted 6 inches with 35's and just bought my Rubicon about 3 Months ago......I think my truck has sat there the whole time since getting the Jeep. I have everything just waiting on tires to come in and will install lift soon. I think my truck is getting jealous

05 Dodge Cummins

09 2dr Wrangler Rubicon....if I needed more room I will drive the truck...love the 2drs
Old 06-23-2009, 05:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I love driving my jeep as well. I just hate the 110 mile round trip commute everyday. I'm stacking on the miles. That's life
Old 06-23-2009, 05:40 PM
JK Freak

16 mile commute round trip.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here in NC, the wave is hit or miss.....but Charlotte is a very large metro area filled with first time Jeep owners. To agree with an earlier post, girls seem to seldom wave, especially the ones from the liberal private college near where I live!

I have noticed that when I do receive a wave here, it has evolved into more of a split finger "peace" sign type wave. Is that what you guys are getting as well?

Btw, my favorite is the doorless low split finger wave!
Old 06-24-2009, 09:09 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by JeepDawg
... when I do receive a wave here, it has evolved into more of a split finger "peace" sign type wave. Is that what you guys are getting as well?...
Yes. I'm seeing that a lot, too.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:09 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 06-24-2009, 02:18 PM
JK Newbie

I absolutely love driving my jeep too. It is garaged during the week, but I am rarin to go on weekends.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Doc_D
I was driving down a busy 5 lane road one day with an older guy in a ZR1 Corvette behind me. In some weird twist of fate, in the span of about 2 miles I had 9 jeeps pass me going the opposite direction. Every single one waved. In one case the passengers stood up and waved both their arms over their heads. When I stopped at the next light the guy in the vette pulled up next to me looking at my Jeep. I think he was jealous

People get mad when people b!tch about some of the new breed of wrangler owners not waving. But the Jeep community is really an important aspect of the ownership experience. Jeep guys and gals help each other out and respect the work we put into our rigs. So that's why I go out of my way to wave at everyone.
Cool story...Bet he was jealous...I also wave at every JEEP...I love it...
Old 06-24-2009, 06:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

I live in Houston and I think with it being a big city that there are lots of Jeeps around with people who are not "in the club" but there are lots of people who wave too. I get some strange looks sometimes from the women driving Jeeps when I wave at them. They probably think I am hitting on them. I sometimes wonder why they bought a Jeep because they look like they would never take it off road.

Quick Reply: I frigging LOVE driving my Jeep