Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I got the bird instead of the wave

Old 09-14-2011, 09:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jdowse
Try what I have been doing for about a year now. I wave and smile. If I get no response I lower my fingers into the bird, still eagerly waving, palm facing the other Jeeper. The looks are priceless! At the last second you get the WTF, did I just see that, look. I love my Jeep. My wife said, you like that thing more than me. I corrected her, I love my Jeep. Frig'em keep waving! For those who don't get it, it makes us look crazy. Job completed. : )
Being in the fire service is customery to wave at other fire equipment or law enforcment when passing. Most have a macho look and a raise of the hand. I find this to be pretty boring so my new wave for them is a big sh*t eating grin and waving my hand back n forth rapidly like I just saw a long lost friend. You shold see the looks you get back, priceless. This will probably be my Jeep wave too.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get the wave relatively frequently... it's not just common amongst those with Jeeps, but very common in the Subaru community as well (which I am also a part of).

Getting the bird would have earned a smirk from me, definitely, but hasn't happened to me.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always wave. I bet for every 10 I give I may get 1 in return. I think there should be a section in the owners manual covering the Jeep wave. Maybe if you are caught not doing it they could void your warranty
Old 09-14-2011, 12:50 PM
JK Freak

A waitress at my local watering hole bought a TJ and was bitching about "all these people that keep waving at me" -she said she started flipping them off.

I explained the Jeep wave. No more fingers (she says).
Old 09-14-2011, 12:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've never understood the point of flipping someone off. I wave by discretely raising my fingers from the steering wheel, keeping my palm on the wheel. Not sure others can see it, but I'm faithful about it.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by deathboyardee
I always wave. I bet for every 10 I give I may get 1 in return. I think there should be a section in the owners manual covering the Jeep wave. Maybe if you are caught not doing it they could void your warranty
It SHOULD!! I agree... Owners manual for sure. they should Also install jeep wave sensors to improve gas mileage each time u wave at another jeep. And for those who don't... An actuated finger the rams up the drivers ass each time they fail to wave. Lol.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Bingbola
Interesting thing happened to me 2 days ago. I saw a fellow jeeper and instead of a wave he flipped me the bird. Call me crazy but I thought that was hilarious!!!! My girl friend was beside me and was like WTF, but i laughed cause it was completely so unexpected. The guy had a smile so I can only assume he was just messing with me. Has anyone had anyone do this to them?

Was that you??

:rotfl mao2:

Kidding....

I am close to giving up on the wave around here.. I say the wave-back percentage is about 2%. Won't be long until I start to do the wave-bird-morph.

Bastards.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:11 PM
JK Newbie

i was told that is the jeep wave
Old 09-14-2011, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Y'all got me laughing so hard. Glad to know I'm not the only having this problem. A guy in my neighborhood drives a bright yellow / black top JK. I've tried waving but no response. One day at a garage sale, I found out from his wife that he didn't buy it because it's a Jeep. He bought it because it's yellow and black. He's a Steelers fan! :(
Old 09-14-2011, 05:05 PM
JK Freak

Yeah, it's happened to me. Check out my story in "Dear, Douche bag in the black TJ". What can I say? It happens!

Quick Reply: I got the bird instead of the wave