Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I know it's a jeep "thing" but explain...

Old 01-03-2012, 06:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by B.S.
I did not realize they even made them any more......never actually seen one. But even 2wd could be fun especially when the roof is off.
They don't make the 2WD anymore...
Old 01-03-2012, 07:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jaker t5
Yeah those damn 2wd jeeps I have one and I love it
Is that what they are passing as a Wrangler nowadays?
That's clearly NOT a wrangler...

Great looking JK! is the hood cowling/ window bracket a solid piece?
Old 01-03-2012, 08:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

There's alot of hugging going on in this thread....which is a good thing. Never going to say that people showing respect for others is a bad thing.

Personal opinion only though, and I'll never hate one to someone in person because I believe everyone is entitled to what they want.

But a 2WD Jeep isn't a Jeep... I am glad that 2WD models can still do alot of trails.... but a 2WD Jeep? You DEFINATELY don't need a Rubicon, so don't think it's any elitist BS. but you should at least have 4WD...

If I couldn't afford a 4WD X/Sport, I would buy a TJ or a YJ loong before I'd get a 2WD....

I apologize for offending anyone...but really? A Jeep should be 4WD. I'll "hug" you 2WDers all day...but it doesn't change that...
Old 01-03-2012, 08:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well why didn't they just make 4/2 door rubicons...
Old 01-03-2012, 09:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BrettDez
There's alot of hugging going on in this thread....which is a good thing. Never going to say that people showing respect for others is a bad thing.

Personal opinion only though, and I'll never hate one to someone in person because I believe everyone is entitled to what they want.

But a 2WD Jeep isn't a Jeep... I am glad that 2WD models can still do alot of trails.... but a 2WD Jeep? You DEFINATELY don't need a Rubicon, so don't think it's any elitist BS. but you should at least have 4WD...

If I couldn't afford a 4WD X/Sport, I would buy a TJ or a YJ loong before I'd get a 2WD....

I apologize for offending anyone...but really? A Jeep should be 4WD. I'll "hug" you 2WDers all day...but it doesn't change that...
Great for anyone looking for a used JK. They don't hold their value like the others and it doesn't take a lot to convert to 4WD.

Originally Posted by jaker t5
Yeah those damn 2wd jeeps I have one and I love it
Old 01-03-2012, 10:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I took my Jeep on some dry trails over new years and I was pretty impressed with what it could do in 2wd... I switched to 4wd for some of the steeper rocky stuff but I doubt I really needed to.

I know people who would say your Jeep isn't a real jeep either b/c it:

a) isn't a 4.0l
b) has full doors instead of a half doors/no doors
c) has 4 doors

I know this b/c they hate on me for having a hard top and full doors, I am not getting the full jeep experience in their eyes. haters always going to hate

Last edited by hypeiv; 01-03-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BrettDez

Well said. I just didn't "get" the 2wd or sarah option and yet to hear some logic as to why they exist - above "cuz people will buy them".
Old 01-03-2012, 01:47 PM
JK Newbie

I might have bought a 2wd if they made one. I just got a base model 2012 a few days ago and I don't plan any off-roading. Basically I wanted a compact convertible vehicle and the Wrangler was the cheapest new convertible I could find. It still might have made sense to get 4wd even if I didn't plan on using it strictly to preserve the resale value but I don't think I'll ever need it. Not very much snow in Hot Springs, AR and when it does snow it normally melts within 24 hours. We did have a snowstorm last winter that had me stuck in the house a couple days but that's pretty unusual.

There are some scenic dirt roads north of Hot Springs and no doubt I'll visit these and turn on the 4wd but a person could drive them in nearly any kind of vehicle that had some ground clearance.

And BTW I'm new here. Also a picture of my pretty Jeep.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dale_K
I might have bought a 2wd if they made one. I just got a base model 2012 a few days ago and I don't plan any off-roading. Basically I wanted a compact convertible vehicle and the Wrangler was the cheapest new convertible I could find. It still might have made sense to get 4wd even if I didn't plan on using it strictly to preserve the resale value but I don't think I'll ever need it. Not very much snow in Hot Springs, AR and when it does snow it normally melts within 24 hours. We did have a snowstorm last winter that had me stuck in the house a couple days but that's pretty unusual.

There are some scenic dirt roads north of Hot Springs and no doubt I'll visit these and turn on the 4wd but a person could drive them in nearly any kind of vehicle that had some ground clearance.

And BTW I'm new here. Also a picture of my pretty Jeep.
Welcome!!

Hot Springs also has the Superlift ORV Park with a lot of great trails that require 4WD. I'm in the NW corner of Arkansas just North of Fayetteville.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:42 PM
JK Newbie

When i bought my 07 Rubi, i was trolling the used car lots and when the first salesman told me "this one is the 2wd model", i had to do a double take, thinking that i didn't even know they made a 2wd Wrangler. But you know, someone who wants a Jeep and knows that they will never take it offroad...they just saved some money. More power to 'em.

Quick Reply: I know it's a jeep "thing" but explain...