Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I Need Help!!

Old 06-13-2009, 06:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Need Help!!

Its summer now and I can take the top and doors off, one problem... I have not one but three different wires connected to the dang door. One is the ground because its connected to the frame, and one is the connector with the red tab the you slide over and remove, the third is a thicker wire going to god knows where. Can anybody help me? FYI: I have power windows and locks.
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jk forum pic.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	25511  

Last edited by panther3; 06-13-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

It should be a quickdisconnect, you might need a small screwdriver to seperate the connector once you slide the red tab over.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:57 PM
JK Super Freak

You should post a pic. As said in the above post it should be 1 quick release connector that contains ALL the wiring for the door. I just had mine off 2 days ago. 1 connection at each door, power windows and doorlooks.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by panther3
Its summer now and I can take the top and doors off, one problem... I have not one but three different wires connected to the dang door. One is the ground because its connected to the frame, and one is the connector with the red tab the you slide over and remove, the third is a thicker wire going to god knows where. Can anybody help me? FYI: I have power windows and locks.
Thanks
The ground and the "god knows where" wires aren't attached to the door. Only the one on the limiting strap. It is the one with the red tab. There's instructions on how to unlock the connector, but I just busted off the locking tab. Sooooo much easier to remove doors once that's done.

After the 1st time you take the doors off it is much easier - especially if you break off the locking tabs. I left the tabs on the rear doors and they are easier now that I've done it a few times. But the fronts are a simple pull-off, push-on proposition.

Remember to roll down the windows before you disconnect the doors. Otherwise removing and carrying the doors are a bit problematic.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:41 PM
JK Newbie

I added a picture.. it shows that all three wires are in the strap and connected to the door. The medium sizes wire is the quickdisconnect one yall are telling me about the smallest wire is the ground, and the big one??????? Hopefully this will help.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:31 PM
JK Newbie

I did a little more looking on the wiring and the two thick wires all lead to a black box under the glove compartment. The black box is for the keyless entry, because everytime I push lock or unlock the thing ticks with the blinkers, I'm still haveing trouble with it... please help me

Last edited by panther3; 06-14-2009 at 03:46 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by panther3
I did a little more looking on the wiring and the two thick wires all lead to a black box under the glove compartment. The black box is for the keyless entry, because everytime I push lock or unlock the thing ticks with the blinkers, I'm still haveing trouble with it... please help me
From your pic it looks as though someone added some wiring. Whats that wire on the left of the pic? Not in the bundle you are holding.

I'm going to take a pic of mine now to post it.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Maybe this is the same wire as the one I was asking about just attached to the back nut on mine...

Here's a picture of the connector still attached...

Here are 2 more pictures showing the connector and wire to the door disconnected from the Jeep. I don't have the 2 extra wires you have in your pic. I have power windows and locks. 2008 Rubicon Unlimited.

Old 06-14-2009, 06:41 PM
JK Newbie

Thats the ground wire it is connected to the first nut... Its drivin me insane... Im about to send it to the dealership and tell them to take the damn thing off. i will take pictures tommorrow of the black box thing i mentioned earlier.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Is there an aftermarket alarm? Did you by the Jeep new from a dealer?

Your Jeep definitely has extra wires compared to mine. Are the same wires on the passenger door too?

Quick Reply: I Need Help!!