Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I want my LoD bumpers!

Old 07-23-2009, 08:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want my LoD bumpers!

This wait is killing me.

It all started back in the beginning of March. I was close to pulling the trigger on some front and rear bumpers from the US Northridge shop, along with some other stuff. Then I hear They were going to open a canadian shop. GREAT!! so i waited a bit and put my order in for the Aprill 15 opening. fast forward to July 23rd. Still don't have my bumpers. Don't get me wrong Everyone I've talked to from the canadian and US shops are great, answered all my questions, replied back quickly. but common guys i'm missing my bumpers for the summer!! The snow will be back here soon!! I don't know if LoD is just getting killed with orders and can't fill them or what.

I'm thinking now i should have just ordered from the US site from the beginning.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:24 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

LOD is way behind on orders and to be able to offer our canadian friends a good deal we had to put a order in for about 20 bumpers at a time.

Here is how it had to work.

To be able to get you a deal we had to work a deal out iwth LOD to ship to Washington for free. well there is not that much margin in the bumpers , so we had to order a bunch. Well then the problem is waiting to ship the entire order so that they are all done and on the pallets to ship.

If you wanted one and wanted to pay a lot of money for it then you could of ordered it from us or northridge canada .

But if we had to ship it to you in canada it would cost you an arm and a Leg!

Shipping would be at least $200 becuase they dont direct ship to canada. Brokerage would be around $250-$400 roughly.

Not sure what to say we are jumping through hoops trying to provide Canada Customers with close to the same cost as if you were in the states. Is it going to take some time hell yes it is. If you dont want to wait that si your choice and I completely understand but do know that we are doing everything we can to help you.

Also I knew going into Northridge Canada that it would take a year or so to get up and running with inventory and the infastructure that we needed. So if you have noticed we have done little or NO advirtising at all and really just catering to the Jk-forum guys at this point.

David
Old 07-23-2009, 09:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Perfect example. 19 minutes after i post David is quick to reply. You do take care of your customers / potential customers. That is why i have waited for guys.

I am happy to have a Canadian shop. It will be good in the future as it grows so filling orders / trucks is easier and quicker for you guys. And its good for us canadians obviously.

So David, is there anyway on knowing when the next shipment of bumpers could find their way up here? or is i just in LoDs hands.

Thanks for the reply
Old 07-23-2009, 09:23 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I called LOD right after I replied to this and spoke to them about this. And just to be clear this will be the first shipment.

I have to assume worst case scenario we are 4-6 weeks out still. If you want to get one order and have us ship it to you form the USA let me know and we can do that just be prepared to pay alot for duty and brokerage.

David
Old 07-23-2009, 06:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Nuge, if you are in toronto why dont you have Northridge US ship to somewhere across the border in NY and pick it up? I've done that with lots of things from kingston, as well as out here in vancouver.

I ordered my LoD rear from david and drove across the border to pick it up, works out to about the same price (or cheaper) depending on exchange rates to buying direct from the canadian store...and you get it a lot quicker!
Old 07-24-2009, 08:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 07Rubi2dr
Nuge, if you are in toronto why dont you have Northridge US ship to somewhere across the border in NY and pick it up? I've done that with lots of things from kingston, as well as out here in vancouver.

I ordered my LoD rear from david and drove across the border to pick it up, works out to about the same price (or cheaper) depending on exchange rates to buying direct from the canadian store...and you get it a lot quicker!
I talked to David. I might do just that.
Where do you recommend shipping ti to near niagara? I've called some places but they said they do more small packages not 300-400 pounds of bumpers.

Quick Reply: I want my LoD bumpers!