Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I would like to...

Old 06-28-2013, 10:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I would like to...

Okay, would like to add a hitch receiver and wiring harness to the rig...is the wiring harness hard to do? Do they have plug and play out there?
Old 06-28-2013, 10:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Quadratec has a plug n play 4 pin harness and bolt on receiver. Very simple install. No drilling, wiring plugs into tail light. Took me about 15 minutes to install.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LittleGreenMonster
Quadratec has a plug n play 4 pin harness and bolt on receiver. Very simple install. No drilling, wiring plugs into tail light. Took me about 15 minutes to install.
Sweet...thanks, man!!
Old 06-28-2013, 11:08 AM
JK Freak

Agree - very easy to install. You can always look for someone on the forum selling their stock receiver and just get a plug and play harness from Northern Tool or your local auto parts store too. Might save you some $$.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks, guys...found everything and just ordered it. $64 total...not too shabby at all.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

my stealership put mine on for 400 dollers i felt so stupid after seeing the one on quadratec. i will never go back to them it was ron carter in alvin texas. they also had my jeep for a month fixing a water leak in the door. anyway point is dont go to the dealership. the quadratec one is supreme.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by airborned
my stealership put mine on for 400 dollers i felt so stupid after seeing the one on quadratec. i will never go back to them it was ron carter in alvin texas. they also had my jeep for a month fixing a water leak in the door. anyway point is dont go to the dealership. the quadratec one is supreme.
I got mine installed for free from my dealership. When I originally purchased my JK I was looking at 2 different JK's at 2 different dealers. I negotiated a price at the 1st dealer, went to the 2nd and they had the same JK but additionally had remote start and the tow package. Negotiated with the 2nd dealer to give me the price the 1st dealer offered because it was a "demo" vehicle and had 650 miles on it. Called the 1st dealer back and told them I had a deal with the additional items and asked them if they could include the remote start and tow package, I would reconsidered purchasing from them. They called me back, said they just got the exact same JK in with factory remote start and agreed to install a hitch for free for the original price we agreed. I bought from the 1st dealer.

They installed this hidden hitch receiver for me and the 7-way electrical.

$100 from Quadratec:
http://www.quadratec.com/products/12015_0013.htm

I know it's the not the same as the OEM tow package, since it doesn't include a tranny cooler but it's plenty enough for my towing needs.

The Hidden Hitch looks pretty easy to install. 4 bolts mounts it thru the frame. The thing I like about this hitch receiver is that it sticks out beyond the bumper so it clears the spare where the spare is out of the way when you hook a trailer on it and also allows me to fold up my rear cargo basket with the spare on.

Sounds like you just need to go to a better dealer or do some homework before you buy something.

Last edited by Rednroll; 06-28-2013 at 07:39 PM.

Quick Reply: I would like to...