JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   If I could change just ONE thing about the JK, it would be _____________ (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/if-i-could-change-just-one-thing-about-jk-would-_____________-9264/)

MJS_Jeep_888 05-31-2007 07:47 AM

If I could change just ONE thing about the JK, it would be _____________

So, now that a lot of us have had our Jeeps for awhile, what ONE (1, uno, <2, etc.) thing would you change? Keep the answer to just one thing, and provide an explanation to help people understand what you mean (if necessary).

Here's mine: Metal Finishing

Explanation: Although it's probably fine, I'm a little bothered by all the rust I'm already seeing: door hinges (first time I took the doors off, the hinges were already rusting), undercarriage, etc.

As I said, it's probably fine, but still doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling to see my new JK with so much rust at under 4K miles!

CLACKEY(_!_) 05-31-2007 07:49 AM

Diesel............

rupedog 05-31-2007 07:55 AM

The bumpers, They are ugly and they should be off road bumpers right from the get go. Not after market nor an option. They should just be there.

mbuck 05-31-2007 10:36 AM

Diesel and better interior.

only_in_my_jeep 05-31-2007 10:39 AM

Cheap plastic and paint.

skibum 05-31-2007 01:15 PM

Auto transmission. I bought it because I'm old, broken and tired and I didn't want to shift anymore, but it is a POS. The shift points are terrible and sometimes it just seems confused. Hopefully Hypertech or somebody will come out with a good programmer soon so that we can fix these problems. :naw:

rupedog 05-31-2007 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by skibum (Post 98589)
Auto transmission. I bought it because I'm old, broken and tired and I didn't want to shift anymore, but it is a POS. The shift points are terrible and sometimes it just seems confused. Hopefully Hypertech or somebody will come out with a good programmer soon so that we can fix these problems. :naw:

Your just to doped up to know that you don't have to shift an auto.:rotflmao1: :rotflmao1:

Dr.McNinja 05-31-2007 01:20 PM

The payments? Actually, having had some much worse cars, and knowing how happy this one makes me to drive every day, I really can't think of too much. Maybe a factory Rhino-Line instead of carpet, the AEV hood, and a diesel would be nice.

skibum 05-31-2007 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by rupedog (Post 98595)
Your just to doped up to know that you don't have to shift an auto.:rotflmao1: :rotflmao1:

I'm just leaving it in first...........seems to work better that way. Gas mileage has gone to crap though. :yup:

MJS_Jeep_888 05-31-2007 05:03 PM

Wow - I guess I wasn't specific enough about naming just ONE thing in your posts... oh well. :D