Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Im not real sure.....

Old 10-09-2010, 02:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im not real sure.....

so, i have researched and googled and have not found what i am looking for. I am trying to figure how much lift is on my jeep but cant find the info. I measured the springs(on vehicle) and it looked to be a 2"(comparing to spring measurements). But to me, it looks a little more than a 2".

the tires are 35" KM2's

Old 10-09-2010, 03:18 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Couple thoughts:

1. Many lifts add an extra 1/2" or so to the front to take out the rake.

2. Many lifts give a bit more lift than advertised. This is primarily because many folks installing these lifts have heavy accessories (bumpers, winch, rock rails, etc) that introduce more sag.

Because of 1 and 2, it's entirely possible that if you measure you will see a bit more height than expected.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:40 AM
JK Newbie

i guess what i am asking is if the measurements on that chart are compressed or how do they measure the spring? is it while compressed or before installation. cant seem to figure that out.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:48 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Monster Jk
i guess what i am asking is if the measurements on that chart are compressed or how do they measure the spring? is it while compressed or before installation. cant seem to figure that out.
I've never seen that chart before. It might help if you explained where you found it (then maybe someone else can chime in). Meanwhile, if you want some idea of how much lift you have, why not take some measurements (ground to bottom of highest point of fender is good) on all four wheels. Post those up and I expect a few folks will reply back with similar measurements, as well as their lift height. But, again, do be aware that the answers will be different based on the particular lift installed, the particular tires and other gear installed, and even the amount of gas you have in your fuel tank. So, it will give you a good idea, but probably not an exact answer.

Another option: Look at the sprigs and see if you can find some ID numbers. List those and maybe someone will ID the lift and height for you.

Sorry for not being more helpful, but there's not really much to work with in what you've posted thus far.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:37 AM
JK Newbie

i found that chart on a jeep forum discussing lift size. the chart is for a tj but i assumed it would work for a jk also. i will see what i can do for measurements and post em up
Old 10-10-2010, 10:44 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think one of the best ways to determine the amount of lift that is on your JK is to simply measure from the following points and take the difference between the stock measurements (provided in the diagram) and yours.

Thanks to Dynatrac for providing the stock measurements found in the following pdf:
http://www.dynatrac.com/images/pdf/C...using_revC.pdf
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	stock-jk-dim.jpg
Views:	9993
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	94480  

Last edited by wayoflifette; 10-10-2010 at 12:31 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:01 PM
JK Newbie

thank you much wayoflifette and it turns out mine is 23" on the shock and 13 3/4" on the spring. so would that make it a 4.5" lift?

Last edited by Monster Jk; 10-10-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:23 PM
JK Newbie

so no one has any measurements to post up or anything?
Old 10-12-2010, 01:49 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Monster Jk
so no one has any measurements to post up or anything?
It appears that your question has been answered by the drawing WOLette posted. No?
Old 10-12-2010, 02:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Short answer is....just by looking at the pic you have a 4" lift.

Without getting to in-depth, each manufacturer places a nominal size on their lifts. Usually on suspension lifts you get a hair more. The reason is if a guy pays for 3" lift he wants 3 inches anything less they are not happy but a guy does not gripe about getting more. Plus springs will settle with age/use.

So without knowing what company made the lift you do not know what they called it. It could be a 3 or 4 or 3.5. From the numbers you gave you do have 4 inches of actual lift.

Quick Reply: Im not real sure.....