Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I'm out.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'm out.

Mixed feelings ... Just took a deal I couldn't pass up on a loaded red 2011 Ram Sport crew cab 4wd for my JK. It was a blast while it lasted and mostly trouble free even though it remained mostly stock. I am kinda sad I never got around to modding it like I wanted. But, I have an 11 year old that wants one for her first "car," so I'm sure there will be another JK in our drive in about 5 years (I'd be really jealous if it had the TDI rumored to show up!).

I did take off the grab handles, door surrounds, and bikini top so keep an eye out in the for sale section if you're interested and I'll post them up when I get a chance.

Thanks guys! I'll still stay subscribed here and to the Project JK YouTube channel fosho

Bret
Old 08-25-2011, 02:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck and hope to see you back soon! My dad had a jeep when I was 16 and he let me drive it, 24 yrs later I bought my own and I'm hooked! I'm sure your little one will love one when shes old enough!
Old 08-25-2011, 03:50 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lowrpmtork
Mixed feelings ... Just took a deal I couldn't pass up on a loaded red 2011 Ram Sport crew cab 4wd for my JK. It was a blast while it lasted and mostly trouble free even though it remained mostly stock. I am kinda sad I never got around to modding it like I wanted. But, I have an 11 year old that wants one for her first "car," so I'm sure there will be another JK in our drive in about 5 years (I'd be really jealous if it had the TDI rumored to show up!).

I did take off the grab handles, door surrounds, and bikini top so keep an eye out in the for sale section if you're interested and I'll post them up when I get a chance.

Thanks guys! I'll still stay subscribed here and to the Project JK YouTube channel fosho

Bret
I traded my 06 ram for my JKU haha... I did love that truck. One thing that will suck is if it's a V8 with hemi. The reason I say that is, when it's time to change your plugs, your looking at $800 + ... The new rams have 32 spark plugs... At least the 2010's did and that's what steered me away and landed me my JKU. I truky thank Chrysler for this...
Old 08-25-2011, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

I have a feeling you will be back. You will get bored with the truck especially in the summer when all the jeeps are going top and doorless. I know I'm on my 4th jeep and everytime I get rid of one I get jeep fever again...
Old 08-25-2011, 06:30 PM
JK Super Freak

I hope you enjoy your truck! You might get the Jeep disease again though.

I would give up my Wrangler for a Unimog or H1, but only if I lived right next door to some really knarly trails.

Off topic;

Originally Posted by Battlefrog
when it's time to change your plugs, your looking at $800 + ... The new rams have 32 spark plugs
$800 and 4 plugs per cylinder sounds strange. My 08 6.1 has 16 spark plugs (two per cylinder), and while a process to pull the coils, not at all impossible to get to and change. Guess I am glad its not a 2010.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

It's not really 'bye'. More like 'see ya later.'

It's only a matter of time...
Old 08-25-2011, 11:48 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by lowrpmtork

Bret
Godspeed! AirAssault! out!
Old 09-05-2011, 05:12 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Yankee
I hope you enjoy your truck! You might get the Jeep disease again though.

I would give up my Wrangler for a Unimog or H1, but only if I lived right next door to some really knarly trails.

Off topic;

$800 and 4 plugs per cylinder sounds strange. My 08 6.1 has 16 spark plugs (two per cylinder), and while a process to pull the coils, not at all impossible to get to and change. Guess I am glad its not a 2010.
Yea, my 06 had 16 plugs as well. When I inquired about the 2010 and found out how many plugs it had and what it would cost to change them, I laughed!
Old 09-05-2011, 05:53 PM
JK Freak

Good luck to you, man.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:45 AM
JK Newbie

I may be trading in my wrangler for a grand cherokee, I have mixed feelings about it too.

Quick Reply: I'm out.