Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

install ? (TIPPING) /welding

Old 01-07-2010, 02:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default install ? (TIPPING) /welding

Wasnt sure after picking up jeep next week do you tip the installers for their labor
Old 01-07-2010, 02:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

no you are paying them to instal it right
Old 01-07-2010, 03:16 PM
JK Newbie

guess you don't have too, but remember alot of times the guy who installs the part doesn't own the shop,,,,,, he's only making a small amount of the labor you are paying for..... i wouldn't go crazy, but it wouldn't hurt to give the guy a couple bucks for a case of beer or lunch......... on the other hand if it is a small shop and the owner is the installer, i wouldn't, you are already paying him direct.....
Old 01-07-2010, 03:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Tipping is usually reserved for "face to face" type customer service, when their behavior can make the difference between your good or bad experience.
It never hurts to show appreciation though, if you are planning to use them regularly in the future.
When I was in a service dept. in a cycle shop, we had a few regulars who would show often up without appointments, but with lots of cheeseburgers or pizza and soda. Needless to say we'd always squeeze them in so they'd be ready to race that weekend.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by curtis
guess you don't have too, but remember alot of times the guy who installs the part doesn't own the shop,,,,,, he's only making a small amount of the labor you are paying for..... i wouldn't go crazy, but it wouldn't hurt to give the guy a couple bucks for a case of beer or lunch......... on the other hand if it is a small shop and the owner is the installer, i wouldn't, you are already paying him direct.....
You are correct, my employer gets about 70% of the hourly labor rate Tips are not expected, but a case of beer is always welcome
Old 01-08-2010, 05:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

I used to work for an auto shop. Most customers didn't tip but it was nice to get a tip every now and then

Quick Reply: install ? (TIPPING) /welding