Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Interesting article: Chrysler become Jeep Corp?

Old 12-20-2008, 12:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interesting article: Chrysler become Jeep Corp?

Suggests that Chrysler could become the Jeep Corp

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/flowchar...the-scene.html
Old 12-20-2008, 01:24 PM
JK Freak

"Dodge SUVs like the Durango and the Journey could survive just as well if they were Jeeps."

PLEASE, NO. A Jeep Journey? You can't just slap a Jeep grille on a crossover and call it a Jeep.

Does this look like a Jeep to you?

It looks like a Dodge Journey with a WJ grille to me (because that's what it is).
Old 12-20-2008, 01:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Kinda does look like a squished grand Cherokee actually.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryno
"Dodge SUVs like the Durango and the Journey could survive just as well if they were Jeeps."

PLEASE, NO. A Jeep Journey? You can't just slap a Jeep grille on a crossover and call it a Jeep.
Worse yet; take a Jeep, neuter it and call it the Nitro.

Then again, Jeep could use some of the better Chrysler Hemi engines, as well as that 280 hp four-banger in SRT4.

My regards,

Widewing
Old 12-20-2008, 06:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default ??

Oh well... Give the minivan business, the part that works, to GM , rename the entire lineup as Jeep, including "Jeep" Ram Pickups... What is this guy talking about?? This is crazy - the entire article is BS. Sorry, that's my opinion. I think Chrysler could be so much better today if the restructuring was made years before - just make "what sells", cut off the rest, take attention to the captive markets like Jeep and RAM (JK is great, but have room for a lot of improvements) - was so obvious the lineup needed a small, fuel efficient car for years, but the guys only now take attention... The fact is - Cerberus never done his homework, the guys do not have knowledge of auto market, and never feared about. Not only this, the problems came since the Daimler-Chrysler joint, Chrysler made a lot of expenses for no single return. Alas the 300, a great car that's success in Europe started the trouble with Daimler joint. The JK community is great - the only other example in industry is with software companies - do not take advantage of this feedback is dumb management.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I will probably get burned for this, but why not. I really dont see the Jeep brand making cars, but why not turn the Ram series into the new Comanche series? I agree that the minivan sector needs to be sold/given away, but as one poster suggested, salvage what sells and concentrate on that. I think the larger problem wouldnt be selling the vehicles or gaining acceptance, but would DC actually put the effort into a smaller product line-up and fix the quality issues. Imagine a JK or Comanche 1500 (Ram) that actually didnt have alot of issues? Would you buy one if you knew DC would actualy stand behind there product?
Old 12-21-2008, 02:31 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Ryno
You can't just slap a Jeep grille on a crossover and call it a Jeep.
What about the Compass and Patriot?

As long as Jeep keeps building a solid axle Wrangler that is highly capable off-road, I don't care what they have to do with the rest of their line-up to remain viable.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man
What about the Compass and Patriot?

As long as Jeep keeps building a solid axle Wrangler that is highly capable off-road, I don't care what they have to do with the rest of their line-up to remain viable.
x2 as long as i have my wrangler im happy
Old 12-21-2008, 06:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wow, this article is over a month old...I'm a little surprised I haven't seen this somewhere else before

Some interesting ideas in it, but I dunnow...
Old 12-21-2008, 07:19 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Geezle
Wow, this article is over a month old...I'm a little surprised I haven't seen this somewhere else before

Some interesting ideas in it, but I dunnow...
This is interesting coming from USN&W, which a year ago was a weekly news magazine and had been for years. Then, last spring they went to 26 "double" issues a year (page count has actually decreased) Now, they have announced they will be published monthly. Whats next -- online content only -- that is where the ad dollars are going. By the way, a subscription still costs the same as when the rag was published weekly.

Maybe Chrysler could emulate the publishing industry's innovative business plan by delivering less content for more money. Are you ready for a virtual Jeep?

-meljr

PS - By the way, has anyone looked at Autoweek lately? It's still being published weekly, but the page count is down to around 50 pages or so and the content sucks since they got rid of Satch Carlson.

Quick Reply: Interesting article: Chrysler become Jeep Corp?