Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Issue with floor after removing carpet

Old 10-14-2007, 03:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issue with floor after removing carpet

Took top and doors off this weekend and went playing in some fine GA red clay. It got everywhere. Decided to take out the carpet. Easier to clean, but decided to leave it out. I have a trip planned in two weeks to get dirty again. Went out to eat with family and got back. When I went to get out, I noticed that the stuff that DC applies to the floor pan (somewhat of a rubbery substance I assume so when you have your carpets out your feet wont slide all around) had been chewed up by my right heel. It is now peeling. For those of you who have removed the carpets, is this normal??? Have you removed all that stuff on the floor? Should I take it to the dealer? I would assume that it should not be so easily destroyed and flaky. WTD? thx
Old 10-14-2007, 04:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

I put the mopar rubber floors in after the first time I got the carpet wet and dirty!! It is great just hose out and put the plugs back in or hit it with a wet dry vac...
That is the way to go plus I put the slush mats in on top..
Old 10-14-2007, 04:50 PM
JK Freak

This is exactly why I covered everything in LINEX. It has a very hard shell over everything now. Its black as well so looks factory.

Just go spend the 450 to 650 to get the inside coated.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mrsig
I put the mopar rubber floors in after the first time I got the carpet wet and dirty!! It is great just hose out and put the plugs back in or hit it with a wet dry vac...
That is the way to go plus I put the slush mats in on top..
is the rubber floor a complete replacement for the carpet? as in does it cover every area the carpet did? and can you access the drain plugs with out removing it?
Old 10-14-2007, 06:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

i got no clue. when i pulled my carpet it was bare metal. I then got the Husky front matts. Ill probably Herculiner in December
Old 10-15-2007, 02:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tlow
is the rubber floor a complete replacement for the carpet? as in does it cover every area the carpet did? and can you access the drain plugs with out removing it?
It comes up easy and it covers all the floor boards but not under the front seats only. It covers the front in front of the front seats and from behind the front seats all the way to the tail gate..

Old 10-15-2007, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

sorry.. I cant see your picture...

Quick Reply: Issue with floor after removing carpet