Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JcrOffroad 2014 Prototyping. Bumpers, Armor, Tube Fenders, etc.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JcrOffroad
Here she is! The Vanguard! We are very excited to be bringing this bumper to the market! Hold on to your hats! More information soon on How much and when it will be available! ~Brian
Just in time for my tax return! I really like what you guys are doing, I've been planning on your mid-width crusader for a while now, but this is making me reconsider. I really like the gusseting on the tube work you did, top shelf
Old 01-17-2014, 12:44 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Well, hopefully late Monday we'll have a mid-width version tacked together. Stay tuned!

~Brian
Old 01-17-2014, 12:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well, hopefully late Monday we'll have a mid-width version tacked together. Stay tuned! ~Brian
Dam can't wait to see this finished. I love the height and angle of the bull bar Something about a full width and the changing of fenders one day makes me want to go with this mid width as my bumper choice when I can fund it.

Sent from my recliner
Old 01-17-2014, 01:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here she is! The Vanguard! We are very excited to be bringing this bumper to the market! Hold on to your hats! More information soon on How much and when it will be available!

~Brian
Very nice looking with the LED'S in there, Sharp

What is in store for the rear with a full width one?
Old 01-19-2014, 06:07 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by irongate
What is in store for the rear with a full width one?
We have an idea of what we want, but rear bumpers are tough design wise. The rear frame really limits a lot of creativity. We'll have to see what Mike can come up with!

Our plan is to introduce a tire carrier that swings with the tailgate.

Next up for Monday is the new midwidth prototype.

~Brian
Old 01-19-2014, 07:03 AM
JK Newbie

For the rear, I would like all the same as front if possible.

Lights built in, hi lift jack points, d-shackles.

And my personal 2 cents is that Expo-One has the best looking rear bumper on the market right now. I'm partial to their design if you can incorporate some of that.

-Shayne
Old 01-20-2014, 06:38 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

The JK Front Vanguard is online and available with Introductory Pricing! These will start to ship as of 2/7/14. Pre-order pricing is temporary and will end on 2/7/14. Powdercoating option will not be available until the middle of Feb.

JcrOffroad, Inc. *Introductory Pricing* JK Vanguard Full Width Winch Bumper

Old 01-20-2014, 11:34 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Here's the first prototype of what we are going to be calling the "Crusader". A midwidth bumper option. Already have some changes in the works, should have the 2nd prototype together tomorrow!

Old 01-20-2014, 12:05 PM
JK Newbie

Here's the first prototype of what we are going to be calling the "Crusader". A midwidth bumper option. Already have some changes in the works, should have the 2nd prototype together tomorrow!

That is EXACTLY what I have been looking for!! Both of these new bumpers are right on the button. Do you have any figures on weight?

In your personal opinion, which style bumper, mid-width or full-width, look better with chopped fenders? Mine are straight across (PureJeep), rather than swept back (like Bushwackers).

I live in an area that does not see many Jeeps, and what I do see is all bone stock.

Last edited by NastyPirate; 01-20-2014 at 05:45 PM.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:44 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by NastyPirate
That is EXACTLY what I have been looking for!! Both of these new bumpers are right on the button. Do you have any figures on weight?
The Vanguard complete is 85lbs. I don't know what the Crusader is yet, I'll let you know later today.

Originally Posted by NastyPirate
In your personal opinion, which style bumper, mid-width or full-width, look better with chopped fenders? Mine are straight across (PureJeep), rather than swept back (like Bushwackers).
The Crusader in this application.

~Brian

Quick Reply: JcrOffroad 2014 Prototyping. Bumpers, Armor, Tube Fenders, etc.