Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jealousy

Old 01-22-2009, 04:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jealousy

Some CJ/YJ/TJ owners are jealous of the JK's, and I'm really tired of this situation.
This is completely ridiculous!
Examples:
"I don't want a Caravan engine in my Jeep"
"Your 4 door Jeep looks like a bus"
"My 4.0 is much powerfull than your 3.8"
"The new JK is ugly"
etc etc

This is one of the reason why I left a Quebecois 4X4 forum a few month ago. I don't know how is the situation outside Quebec, but here, I really feel that the new JK is not welcomed by some members of the clubs.

Last edited by Yoda; 01-22-2009 at 04:34 AM.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

i feel ya..none of the older models wave in maine..and a really good friend of mine has a TJ, and he said he doesn't like the four doors at all..thinks its ugly
Old 01-22-2009, 05:12 AM
JK Super Freak

I don't see it as much here in the South. Everyone I've wheeled with and people on the street give the JK a ! You will always have those that don't like a more practical and capable Jeep!
Old 01-22-2009, 05:30 AM
Coy
JK Enthusiast

Default Better

All jeeps are very capable. The JK is the best stock jeep ever made.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:38 AM
JK Freak

They're all jealous if you ask me, they don't have any of the nifty stuff like power options, MyGig/Nav systems etc, not to mention the JK's IMO are far more capable. Most of the people in TJ's, YJ's and CJ's around here don't wave because A. They're far too ignorant to begin with, B. They're jealous I have a JK and they don't. To be honest most of the people who drive JK's (2 or 4 Door) around here don't wave, if you havent guessed already I live in a pretty snooty place. Time to move down south to North Carolina or somethin, temperatures are warmer and the people are nice as hell.

Last edited by Adam3612; 01-22-2009 at 05:44 AM.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

first time i took my jk out with the local jeep club a lot of guys came by to look at it and said how cool it was, I only had a few bad comments from the guys that drove the oldest crappiest jeeps. so yes I say a lot is jealousy.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:22 AM
JK Newbie

Looks like I am on the other side of the fence here, or I guess the JK side. Growing up had lots of friends with CJ's and TJ's but it was never my cup of tea. I pretty much found them as fugly and a terrible ride. Stuck to the Corrado's, Type R and BMW's as a young'n. I have to say a buddy did have a V8 in his CJ and it was pretty cool to take off and have the front wheels lift off the ground.

So back to the point. My wife wanted a new 09 Audi A4 so I had a hard time spending 50K on a car that I eat my knees in and can't even get in the back (6'4"). I took her to look around and she really liked the JK unlimited. I thought to myself a "jeep" but walking around it I really like the look of the 4 door still dislike the 2 door. Please don't hate I know it is much better off road just don't like the stubby look thats all. Well I said let's drive it not expecting much but to my surprise it rode very well, still a jeep but not a cluncker as I remembered. Oh and I am not eating my knees the least bit in the front and have room in the back when I sit there with the kids.

This is my point, peoples views of things change and mark my works in a few more years all those TJ and CJ owners will start looking at JK's and start with it's not that bad and then buy one and then it will go to WOW these JK's are great. I have to say give peace a chance baby and stop hating before you try it.

The thing I am more upset at is this. I sit in the passenger seat and my wife waves at all Jeep's no hating here, OK not the one's with the square headlight (Just a joke). And she doesn't even get half the waves returned come on folks where is the love. She even says why do I waste my time if they don't even wave back.

Last edited by J.Ro; 01-22-2009 at 06:24 AM.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:51 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by J.Ro
... She even says why do I waste my time if they don't even wave back.
Here's one for you:

And if you're ever passing through OKC and you see me, I guarantee I'll be waving if I see you. I don't worry if they don't return it. They'll come around eventually, no matter their excuses today.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:17 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen that envy too. I think it's something that is almost tradition like the jeep wave. CJ owners hated TJs and now TJ owners hate JKs.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:53 AM
JK Freak

anyone around when the cj-7 or cj-5 came out? I wonder if the same thing happend from the flatfender faithful???

Quick Reply: Jealousy