Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep broke down before I could pick it up!!!

Old 02-27-2007, 06:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep broke down before I could pick it up!!!

I was all set to go to the dealer at 4:30 this afternoon to get my New Sahara 2 door I ordered.. When at 4 pm the dealer call and says"their has been a little GLITCH"..Seem as though when they were driving the Jeep up the block to fill it up,it just died and would not restart.So I am all excited to pick up my new Wrangler and I get a call basically saying your vehicle is a piece of junk(at least that is the way it makes me feel.).A new car shouldn't just break down before delivery~!I hope this is not a bad omen for things to come...

Makes me wonder if I should sign the papers at all...
Old 02-27-2007, 06:33 PM
JK Newbie

atleast it is still under factory warrenty
Old 02-27-2007, 06:50 PM
JK Freak

I'm surprised they told you. At least they are honest.

What are you going to do?
Old 02-27-2007, 07:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by redWRANGLER
I'm surprised they told you. At least they are honest.

What are you going to do?
I am not sure..

One side of me says it is just the same stall bug a lot of folks have been having and it will be fixed,on the other hand part of me says I should not jump into a situation where this vehicle could become a lemon situation..

Problem is I still want it even though I shouldn't after this...
Old 02-27-2007, 07:07 PM
JK Freak

If it were me i'd still take it as it is under warrenty, so you have 36,000 miles to get it figured out and fixed. but i would also try to get them throw in an extended warranty or a parts counter credit... or some kind of discount, etc. But in the end, if they said they wouldnt offer me anything, i would still take it.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AndrewZ
I am not sure..

One side of me says it is just the same stall bug a lot of folks have been having and it will be fixed,on the other hand part of me says I should not jump into a situation where this vehicle could become a lemon situation..

Problem is I still want it even though I shouldn't after this...
I agree on all points. Especially with the last one, I would still want it.

When ever I go to pick up a new car I try to prepare myself to be fully disappointed and have the will to walk away.

So far it hasn't worked.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:20 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They should let you take it overnight so that you can make up your mind before you buy. That might help you decide. Actually, if you take it overnight there is no way you will want to give it back, so...nevermind.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:35 AM
JK Super Freak

For the heck of it see if you can get it in writing that this happened before you picked it up. It seems the dealer is an honest one so this should be no problem.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:24 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Rubidon
For the heck of it see if you can get it in writing that this happened before you picked it up. It seems the dealer is an honest one so this should be no problem.
Excellent idea - get it in writing. That way, if anything happens under warranty and the dealership tries reject the claim based on mods, etc., you have a better leg to stand on, since there were issues before you even owned it. Plus, Chrysler corporate would probably be more likely to approve any "questionable" warranty claims if the issue is well-documented. Finally, remember that verbal promises and guarantees don't hold up in any court in the country, unless the dealership is actually willing to admit that they made said promises... paper makes it binding.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

I hate to be a grammar nazi but ITS WARRANTY. WARRANTY.

I towed a 07 commander that the dealer was driving to the customers house outside of town for delivery. It had the 5.7 hemi in it and 27 kms on the odometer and it died. They towed it back to the dealer and gave the customer a new commander with no questions asked.

Last edited by bigwrm; 02-28-2007 at 10:49 AM.

Quick Reply: Jeep broke down before I could pick it up!!!