Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep broken into

Old 04-15-2010, 07:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Jeep broken into

Well, it finally happend. Last night some POS broke into my Jeep. Fortunately they just unzipped my back side window and didn't break anything. The other good part is I didn't really have anything in there to steal. All they did was empty out my center console and glove box all over the floor and sift through it. I'm sure when they ran across my shoulder holster, pistol mag, and various boxes of ammo they might have had a second thought or two. At this point I'm pretty sure the only thing I'm missing is my i-phone charger. They never even opened the doors, must have been a small dude.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:33 AM
JK Newbie

Sorry to hear about this. I've been paranoid about this happening to me. Where was the Jeep when it was broken into? Glad to hear nothing major was stolen...
Old 04-15-2010, 07:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by EmbarkChief
I'm sure when they ran across my shoulder holster, pistol mag, and various boxes of ammo they might have had a second thought or two.
I don't often carry my pistol in the jeep on a daily basis anymore (I used to but its pretty safe around my way), but I do leave a holster and ammo in the console. Would definitely give someone second thoughts or probably get them out of there ASAP if they found it in case you were watching. LOL.

Did you have the console locked? I always try to lock the console and glovebox. I know it could easily be smashed in or lock broken b/c its primarily plastic storage, but might have saved you your iPhone charger in this case... doesn't seem like they would have went to the trouble to smash it if they weren't looking for much anyway. Haha.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by redrockin7
I don't often carry my pistol in the jeep on a daily basis anymore (I used to but its pretty safe around my way), but I do leave a holster and ammo in the console. Would definitely give someone second thoughts or probably get them out of there ASAP if they found it in case you were watching. LOL.

Did you have the console locked? I always try to lock the console and glovebox. I know it could easily be smashed in or lock broken b/c its primarily plastic storage, but might have saved you your iPhone charger in this case... doesn't seem like they would have went to the trouble to smash it if they weren't looking for much anyway. Haha.
My jeep was broken into a while back and they took my Ipod out of the locked center console, apparently one sharp jerk and its open! did not break it though! but you know what they say locks only keep an honest man honest!
Old 04-15-2010, 07:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

It was parked right on the side of my townhouse. I've only lived here for about 2 weeks at this point. FWIW one of the neighbors told me to be careful about leaving stuff in my car as it has been a problem. No, I didn't lock the console or glove box, figured they would get destroyed trying to get them open if it was locked. It's kind of funny because they passed up my $400.00 CB Radio, Garage door remote, bayhouse keys, security access card, ARB Snatch strap, and $350.00 shoulder holster. I always figured if I was broken into most people wouldn't know what that stuff was worth and it seems like I was right. Kicker is I have a 2 car garage, GF's Mini Cooper is on one side and my 1996 Impala SS is on the other. Guess I need to gete off my ass and sell the Impala so the Jeep can go in the garage...
Old 04-15-2010, 08:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ohh Kevin. You sir appear to have gotten lucky as nothing major was stolen. BUUUUT I have to admit. It was me that came over to your house last night and got into your Jeep. I was on my way home when my I-Phone battery started to die. (It was a long drive home and I called one of those naughty phone numbers, the Shemale I got to talking to was really hot)

Anyways, I knew you had a charger in your Jeep so I got into your jeep via your rear window and got the charger so I could continue my phone call uninterrupted. Kandy would have been pissed if I hung up with him.

Sorry bro, I'll return the charger when I'm back in that area of town. Peace.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Come on by late tonight, I might just be sleeping in it
Old 04-15-2010, 11:40 AM
JK Newbie

I have often wondered if an empty box of ammo left on the seat would be a deterent to a break in or an inticement to look for the gun.....
Old 04-15-2010, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ECHO
Sucks Dude, atleast they just unzipped instead of slicing away
Yeah, that's what happened to me...

Old 04-15-2010, 12:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by EmbarkChief
Well, it finally happend. Last night some POS broke into my Jeep. Fortunately they just unzipped my back side window and didn't break anything. The other good part is I didn't really have anything in there to steal. All they did was empty out my center console and glove box all over the floor and sift through it. I'm sure when they ran across my shoulder holster, pistol mag, and various boxes of ammo they might have had a second thought or two. At this point I'm pretty sure the only thing I'm missing is my i-phone charger. They never even opened the doors, must have been a small dude.
Probably was one of those New Orleans transplants!

Quick Reply: Jeep broken into