Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep/Chrysler Dealer Financing...

Old 06-21-2010, 10:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep/Chrysler Dealer Financing...

So, my whole life I have always been prefinanced walking through the doors of a dealer and am in that same boat again now as I am ready to pull the trigger on purchasing my JK.

However, the current APR listed on the Jeep website is beating my current offer through my Credit Union and had a couple questions some of you may be able to entertain. To caveat, I know that you still have to be approved for the rate, but its still enticing to see.

Has anyone on here financed through a Jeep dealer before when they offered these incentives in the past? If so, is the financing typically secured through Chrylser themselves or local banks? What should I be aware of/take in to consdieration if I wanted to go this route (other than my credit history/experian score)?

Thanks in advanced all! Im just trying to get the best deal possible in what everyone seems to keep forcing should be frugal times.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 0% financing is through Chrysler American Credit. It's been 100% painless. No games, no gimmicks, itemized bill every month. Despite any issues I might have with Chrysler, their credit arm has been great.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:18 AM
JK Newbie

Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Dealer (Cabral in Manteca CA) financed my 2010 Ram thru GMAC. Quick, Painless and straight foreward. Good rate and paperwork was fast and easy.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had to finance mine to get the extra rebates when I bought last November. The dealer went through Chase. I can't tell you whether Chase is worth dealing with. After I got the rebates I wrote Chase a check for the balance a couple days later.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NorthRiver
I had to finance mine to get the extra rebates when I bought last November. The dealer went through Chase. I can't tell you whether Chase is worth dealing with. After I got the rebates I wrote Chase a check for the balance a couple days later.
Smart!

Thanks everyone for the feedback, will be checking it out just at least to see what they say.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKChandler
So, my whole life I have always been prefinanced walking through the doors of a dealer and am in that same boat again now as I am ready to pull the trigger on purchasing my JK.
Congratz on the credit history. Before making your purchase I suggest you research the model jk you are planning on buying. From there it begins... I paid 21,500.00 out the door on mine 2 Door Bone stock with AC and Hardtop.

However, the current APR listed on the Jeep website is beating my current offer through my Credit Union and had a couple questions some of you may be able to entertain. To caveat, I know that you still have to be approved for the rate, but its still enticing to see.
I'm twenty two years old. I check my credit score once every year (beginning of the year) and it turned out that I purchased my JK shortly after checking my credit score. DEALERSHIPS, as sometimes called STEALERSHIPS, are not your friend. It took me 2 months before finding the right priced jeep, a week on the jeep of my choice, and 6 times walking out on the floor, and about 8 hours later when I brought back my lunchbox I made my purchase.

Point being: They tried to give me the lowest credit score of the THREE credit companies. I got financed through GMAC @ .9 APR with $2750 of incentives with a 4 year finance @ $394.00 month.

Has anyone on here financed through a Jeep dealer before when they offered these incentives in the past? If so, is the financing typically secured through Chrylser themselves or local banks? What should I be aware of/take in to consdieration if I wanted to go this route (other than my credit history/experian score)?
I financed through GMAC @ .9 APR $394 Monthly for 4 years, and got $2750 incentives. Only qualifying through GMAC at the time of signing up (2/15/10) you would have been eligible.

Thanks in advanced all! Im just trying to get the best deal possible in what everyone seems to keep forcing should be frugal times.
To get the best deal POSSIBLE. You have to have patience. You've done this your whole life, but a JEEP is worth spending your life getting the best deal possible so you can afford mods later.

If you have any personal questions, feel free to PM me. I'm a finance major

Last edited by Pluke the 2; 06-21-2010 at 04:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Jeep/Chrysler Dealer Financing...