Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep Denied Service

Old 10-26-2010, 10:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Jeep Denied Service

I don't post a lot but, after a phone call I just got from my dealership I wanted to see if anyone else has gotten a simular call.

I took my JK in for a routine oil/fitler change and also added that I noticed (after purchasing 3 months ago) that my door surrounds had a crack in them and needed replaced/repaired. I just got a phone call from the dealer and he told me that Jeep denied him to repair the crack. He told me that what he does is takes a picture of it and contacts Jeep. Long story short it was denied service and gave me the number to call to see why and what I could do. Well I just called Jeep/Chrysler and talked to a customer service person about my situation. She took my information and apologized for the inconvience I had and sent my info to a case manager. I would hate to pay $85 each when it should be covered under my warranty. Makes me mad that I didn't inspect the Jeep before I bought it :-(. Oh well. I'll update when I hear back, here's hoping!
Old 10-26-2010, 09:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Stopped at my local dealership 2 days ago to inquire how long they felt it would take to handle a few simple issues and was promptly told that all decisions regarding warranty work would be handled through Chrysler.

The dealership would need to photograph the entire vehicle and the VIN plate then send the photos and repair requests to Chrysler. Chrysler could take 1-2 days to review the info and would make the determination if they would cover the repair under warranty.

I was told this was the new policy for the wranglers and since mine was highly modified the chances of having them cover any issues were slim.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

This must be very recent. I just had warranty work done no more than 2 weeks ago. They did no such thing. I'll have to ask my buddy who works there if things have changed.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Guess I'll have to contact them too. "They" must have decided that people actually use the Wranglers for more than mall crawling.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had mine in for warranty service yesterday as well as its first oil change.. i was in and out of there quickly so there was obviously no call or email to chrysler... unless they answered real quick.. which for chrysler would be a miracle..

-Christopher
Old 10-27-2010, 01:50 PM
JK Newbie

it depends on what it is. i brought my jeep in for a crushed radiator hose and a battery leaking. i was there for an 1hr and they replaced the radiator cap and put in a new battery. i believe for the bigger stuff, like ripped s/ts and such have to go through chrystler.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:00 PM
JK Super Freak

The only time a dealer should have to send pictures is if your VIN has had it's warranty restricted.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:23 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dmhines
The only time a dealer should have to send pictures is if your VIN has had it's warranty restricted.
I was required to have pictures for a warranty repair and my warranty was not restricted. I went down the street and got immedate warranty service from another dealer. I have since found out that some dealers need photos and some do not. If a dealer has a high warranty repair business versus others in their area and for their size Corporate may require them to do photos first.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

double check with another dealer, see if they give you the same response about your issues. It might just go faster that way for you.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Basicly if a dealer is too nice and covers lots of warranty work compared to others in his area he could get put into a special category where everything he does gets checked over with a fine tooth comb. Not good for the dealer or the customer because it slows everything down.

Quick Reply: Jeep Denied Service