Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep Lifetime Drivetrain Warranty

Old 07-31-2007, 12:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Jeep Lifetime Drivetrain Warranty

My JK finally arrived about 3 weeks ago and I purchased it as soon as I could, and now what happens... Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep offers a Lifetime Warranty on the Drivetrain (as opposed to the 3/36000 they have been offering). I called Jeep about it today and was told that they cannot offer this 'Incentive' to me as I purchased my vehicle before it was available.

I was told to contact my dealer and see if there was something that they could do (and the lady on the other end of the line hinted that there might be something that they are permitted to do). I'm going to call them tomorrow (today is the end of the month, so they will probably be too busy to deal with me today since I'm not buying) and see what they say.

Has anyone else tried to get the Warranty to be retroactive or talked to their dealers at all?

If you don't believe the Warranty, go to Jeep.com and there is a link in the bottom center of the page that details it.

--Andy
4dr Sahara 4WD (I can't believe they're making 2wd Wranglers, can you?)
Old 07-31-2007, 01:26 PM
JK Freak

Fairly extensive discussion on this thread...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/lifetime-powertrain-warranty-all-jeeps-12623/

And congrats on getting your jeep!
Old 07-31-2007, 01:27 PM
JK Newbie

Not speaking from experience, but I've read where you'll have the option to buy into the warranty for $900 for the next 60 days, $1800 after that. Check with you're dealer. You'll probably be able to get it, but there will no doubt be a cost.

Blue Skies!

Quick Reply: Jeep Lifetime Drivetrain Warranty