Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JEEP, the new Nike?

Old 03-20-2012, 05:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JEEP, the new Nike?

2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon SUV

on a local dealer lot for $46,155

supply & demand? soon to be 50K?

dayum...

Last edited by Sudz; 03-20-2012 at 06:18 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-20-2012, 06:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Agreed - that is steep. You will open up a can of worms on here though....

I say buy a stocker and build it how you like. If you have FU money or are too impatient or lazy to build as you like, go for it.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Agreed. That's ridiculously steep. no wrangler should get over 40K
Old 03-20-2012, 06:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We are living in a world where there are $60,000 Hyundais selling in the US(Equs).

If there is someone out there that will pay for it, you can be sure someone will be there to sell it.

Fight with your wallet and don't buy it.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK BRO
Agreed. That's ridiculously steep. no wrangler should get over 40K
and i dont get why anyone would pay it. i ordered a JK Rubicon (grant you without crap like a tv radio or power windows or leather) for under 30K (with an auto). You can order what you want, knowing what youre going to do to it and with it, and cut out alot of the garbage pricing in the sticker of jeeps that sit on lots.

When people bust on mall crawlers, on the one hand i disagree in that it encourages some refinements which are nice (ride quality, ease of entry and exit, etc). On the other hand, those things feed demand which inevitably drives up the price. What I cannot for the life of me understand is the premium on arctics and the video game one. or the dumb ass truck for 60K. Seriously, you do not have a clue if youre buying that truck thing.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The dumb shits subsidize the rest of us. Long as Jeep doesn't water down the Wrangler's capabilities, I'm good with that.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:17 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Tex
The dumb shits subsidize the rest of us. Long as Jeep doesn't water down the Wrangler's capabilities, I'm good with that.

Agreed. At this point, the JK is just as capable if not more so than any previous generation. (comparing stock to stock of course, calm down LJ owners)

I also agree with the theory of buying a sport or X and investing all the savings into making your jeep specific to your needs. After all, most people that mod jeeps out do the stock rubicon anyway.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sudz
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon SUV

on a local dealer lot for $46,155

supply & demand? soon to be 50K?

dayum...
A lot of dealers are selling the Call of Duty Jeeps on their lots and calling them Rubicons....which they are....but they don't always specify it on their websites or online ads. Wait until you see it in person. Call of Duty Jeeps MSRP between 40 and 50.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:14 PM
JK Newbie

There's no way that's a stock Rubi (unless the dealer is crazy), I recently ordered a Rubi with pretty much every available option plus some mopar add-ons and even without the tread lightly discount it came in under 40k.

Quick Reply: JEEP, the new Nike?