Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep ranks LAST in JD Powers Survey?

Old 07-16-2010, 02:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by montrealer
What's left to say really ? Have a nice drive back home in your beige corolla mr. Powers !
No no, beige Porche. Toyota fared worse than Chrysler and not much better than Jeep.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:00 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Okay, what is this chart showing? "APEAL"? What's that? If that is, "would you buy one?", then, yeah, I can see that Jeep would rank low or last. Don't ask people; just look at sales numbers. But, if that is, "Do you look at other's Jeeps with envy in your eyes? (AKA, appeal)". Hell, that would be an easy number one for Jeep Wrangler (but this is a brand, not model, comparison).
Old 07-16-2010, 03:06 AM
JK Newbie

Ummmmmm...the Wrangler isn't the only Jeep product.

It says Jeep........not "Wrangler"

If you have alot of issues with the *new* Liberty (example) that also will drag the brand down.

VW had the same issues because of the Jetta but their mini-van,Golf,CW and GTI are the top 4 vehicles in their line-up.Consumer Reports loves the Golf and GTI.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Makes sense. Have you seen or driven a Compass?
Old 07-16-2010, 03:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by montrealer
Funny... The wrangler was named "worst vehicule of the year" and now this. Even with these "expert reports" I've never received so many compliments and never had so much fun with any of my previous vehicules. Add this to all the daily Jeep waves and the two collegues that followed my path and and bought their first Jeep cause they fell in love with mine... What's left to say really ? Have a nice drive back home in your beige corolla mr. Powers !
Thats what I am saying. The funnest vehical I have owned yet! Oh and did I mention easiest to modify.....
Old 07-16-2010, 04:02 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RedRock GatorRaider
Makes sense. Have you seen or driven a Compass?
My wife wanted a compass because she loves my jk but after test driving it and it not being 4 wheel drive we walked away.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Oh no, how will I drive my JK knowing that Jeep is not ranked as high as Land Rover. This chart does not mean a whole lot when it comes to choices. Power is not everything, Kia may be ranked higher in power, but I would never own or drive one.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:24 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by turtoni
Show me any other group of drivers that have the same amount of interest displayed by the drivers of wranglers on the internet. If you were to add up all the groups, and number of posts by people in reference to one model of vehicle in the world, i'd be betting the the wrangler tops every other vehicle in the world by far.

I rest my case.
Miatas...wrx, or subarus in general, forums are the same, the subaru one has more people.

the miata one is about the same
Old 07-16-2010, 04:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats really a list of the mostly 2wd cars I see in the Michigan winter.

People buy them and then move out in the boondocks with us country folk to enjoy the wide open spaces.

As I edge by them, because they are stuck in the middle of the road, or in the ditch, in my heated snowmobile (aka Wrangler), I glance over.

The occupants look quite uncomfortable in their posh leather seats with their areodynamic, 1" ground clearance, finely tuned CARS. Probably they just realized the wind chill is below zero, they have no cold weather gear in their CAR, and the tow trucks are all tied up in the major roads.

I really want to stop and ask them about the APPEAL and reliability and handling of their CAR.

But then I happen to glance over and see a nicely drifted over road that has NO tracks in it...I need to make tracks, and cannot be bothered with owner satisfaction surveys.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

The funny part is that Toyota is still above Jeep after 100,000's recalls this year with their braking issue. Is this really going to stop any of us from buying another Jeep in the future?

Quick Reply: Jeep ranks LAST in JD Powers Survey?