Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep saves the day!

Old 03-10-2007, 07:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep saves the day!

Picked up my date tonight and went cruising around with the top down. We were starting to get really hungry so headed towards Applebee's but were stopped short by a closed highway due to a multi car accident. I whipped into a side business right before getting caught in the traffic jam. It looked like I could hit the back side of the parking lot and get around the traffic/wrecks but the back exit was blocked by a fire truck. My date looked at me and said "nice try...to the back of the line for joo". I just turned to her and gave an evil grin, slid the Ray Bans back down and went over the back curb, down a really steep grassy embankment, thru a shallow runoff stream and started back up an embankment on the other side but started losing traction. At this point she started laughing and said I'd got us into a worse predicament now. I laughed, locked it down into 4-Lo and zipped right up and back onto the highway. I was all smiles while we were eating while I kept looking at it sitting out in the parking lot thru the window

I love my jeep!
Old 03-10-2007, 08:35 PM
JK Freak

Cool, urban obsticle course. Nothing like city rocks.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was the grin like, and then she was like and you were like , and she finally was like but also kinda , and once you got onto the highway you both were like , and you were thinkin' :toung: suckers to the people waiting. Then she was lookin' at you like but you were too busy at your JK.

That sounds awsome. Someday, I hope I get lucky enough to go wheeling in the city during an emergency.

Oh yeah......
Old 03-10-2007, 09:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AZCA jeeper
Was the grin like, and then she was like and you were like , and she finally was like but also kinda , and once you got onto the highway you both were like , and you were thinkin' :toung: suckers to the people waiting. Then she was lookin' at you like but you were too busy at your JK.

That sounds awsome. Someday, I hope I get lucky enough to go wheeling in the city during an emergency.

Oh yeah......
That was a great story but AZCA you really had me laughing, that was a great response.

Very well done.

Beel
Old 03-10-2007, 09:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Beel_MT
That was a great story but AZCA you really had me laughing, that was a great response.

Very well done.

Beel
Yeah well, not that the original wasn't good, but I thought it needed a little more pizzaz and action to justify the moment.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:57 PM
JK Jedi

The whole story got me going, at least the way I read it.....

Originally Posted by cablerep79
Picked up my date tonight and went cruising around with her top down. We were starting to get really hungry so headed towards Applebee's butt. We stopped short (anyone see that on Seinfeld) by a closed highway due to a multi car accident. I whipped it out right before getting caught. It looked like I could hit the back side. But the back exit was blocked by a fire truck. My date looked at me and said "nice try... I just turned to her and gave an evil grin, slid the Ray Bans back down and went over the back curb, down a really steep grassy embankment, thru a shallow runoff stream and started back up an embankment on the other side. (Grassy Embankment...I never called it that before, I gotta remember that line) At this point she started laughing(I hate when they do that!) and said I'd got us into a worse predicament now. I laughed, locked it down into 4-Lo( Thats another way of putting it) and zipped it right up and back onto the highway. I was all smiles while we were eating while I kept looking at it.

I love my jeep!
Old 03-10-2007, 11:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

This story was better then most soap opera's loved the diffrent versions too
Old 03-11-2007, 04:35 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cablerep79
Picked up my date tonight and went cruising around with the top down. We were starting to get really hungry so headed towards Applebee's but were stopped short by a closed highway due to a multi car accident. I whipped into a side business right before getting caught in the traffic jam. It looked like I could hit the back side of the parking lot and get around the traffic/wrecks but the back exit was blocked by a fire truck. My date looked at me and said "nice try...to the back of the line for joo". I just turned to her and gave an evil grin, slid the Ray Bans back down and went over the back curb, down a really steep grassy embankment, thru a shallow runoff stream and started back up an embankment on the other side but started losing traction. At this point she started laughing and said I'd got us into a worse predicament now. I laughed, locked it down into 4-Lo and zipped right up and back onto the highway. I was all smiles while we were eating while I kept looking at it sitting out in the parking lot thru the window

I love my jeep!

Funny stuff. Made me grin too
Old 03-11-2007, 04:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

I read that story to my wife and she cracked a big grin. Gotta love Jeeps
Old 03-11-2007, 09:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was laughing at the story and the response 2 blocks below it.

Quick Reply: Jeep saves the day!