Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep In Speedy Autoglass commercial

Old 02-16-2010, 06:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep In Speedy Autoglass commercial

Saw a Speedy Autoglass commercial tonight, they showed the small chip repair techniques, and I saw that the third vehicule in the background was a JKU.

Subliminal message to us Jeepers that the JK is prone to windshield cracking maybe?

This was on CBC (canadian tv channel).
Old 02-16-2010, 07:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Was the windshield covered in ice?

That would be the other JK wo windshield highlight they
may want to show
Old 02-17-2010, 04:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is that company similar to Speedglass? They make the supposedly shatterproof windshield, but not for the JK last time I checked.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:05 AM
JK Newbie

Last winter I was loading a 2x6 into my 2008 JK, lightly bumped the windshield from the inside, and CRACK!. Insurance paid for it, but I'm very careful now...
Old 02-17-2010, 11:18 AM
JK Super Freak

I tapped on my YJ glass to get someone's attention one winter and the damn thing cracked.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive had my JK for 4 months now. Already have 4 chips/cracks in it. I drive my Jeep for work around Houston and...well...its prone to happen.

With the vertical windshield it has, there is no chance in hell for a "glancing" rock hit. (You know the ones you hear hit the windshield and then you look around for a chip and dont see anything)

I caught a rock a month ago that left a good marble sized shatter on the far far right side of my windshield...I nearly jumped through the soft top when I heard it hit the windshield!
Old 02-17-2010, 07:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ClaytonT
Is that company similar to Speedglass? They make the supposedly shatterproof windshield, but not for the JK last time I checked.
Nope, just a windshield repair shop .... but that shatterproof windshield sounds promising ... maybe they will make one for the JK one day.

I intend to run the TransLabrador Highway next summer, really a long dirt & gravel road, and I am seriously considering finding ways to protect the windshield from flying rocks while I'm on it. Maybe a grill of some kind.

Quick Reply: Jeep In Speedy Autoglass commercial