Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep truck next gen?

Old 01-18-2013, 08:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Dakota has been out of production for over a year.

The problem with compacts or midsizes if that they DON'T get better mpgs and they basically cost the same as a full size because the economies of scale. Point in case if Jeep built a crew cab like AEV's Brute double cab it would cost the same or more as my JK. So what does $37K get you in the full size market? A full size Ram 1500 4x4 with more 20 more Hp, three more forward ratios, and three more mpg, more room and 2900lbs more towing capacity.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:32 AM
JK Freak

Location: Independence and Lexington, KY (depends on the time of year)

Originally Posted by Flip94ta

The problem with compacts or midsizes if that they DON'T get better mpgs and they basically cost the same as a full size because the economies of scale. Point in case if Jeep built a crew cab like AEV's Brute double cab it would cost the same or more as my JK. So what does $37K get you in the full size market? A full size Ram 1500 4x4 with more 20 more Hp, three more forward ratios, and three more mpg, more room and 2900lbs more towing capacity.
Didn't know that, thanks for the info. But yeah, I agree with that, your argument makes a lot of sense.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:40 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by Flip94ta

Agree, but I don't think they are aiming for that demographic or truck size. I just hope they build something!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the current generation pick ups are too big and obnoxiously bulky. I prefer the now-defunt Ranger and Dakota size, would love to see a Jeep pickup based on JK because of the Jeep heritage is in the " look". The JK Gladiator had it right in my opinion.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I really hate the looks of wrangler based pickups :s

I would love to see the comanche make a return though.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:57 PM
JK Newbie

I am going to the auto show today. If there is anything that catches my eye, I will take pictures and share.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:32 AM
JK Freak

It would be nice to see the comanche return.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:25 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chris@offroadevolution
You need to get that willys running first!!!

i'm starting a Jeep truck collection,

Jeep Commanche
Jeep Forward Control
Willys Truck

I have the MJ, next is the FC!

That's what Brenda's says but I'd love to do both the Jeep Truck, which would be pretty mild, and the Willy's but it's gonna take more work (translation $$) to restore and fix up. I know preaching to the choir but I definitely gonna get the Willy's PU restored because there's too much sentimental value for B.

Quick Reply: Jeep truck next gen?