Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

The jeep wave is dead

Old 04-26-2013, 06:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jk kris
Only ones that wave back are chicks. Not mad about dat. Wife might though. ; )
I am living in a college town right now and all the college girls look at me like why is he waving at me. Its annoying. I finally got a jeep and 1/5 people wave and i feel like a jackass waving. There should be a pamphlet when you buy a wrangler
Old 05-06-2013, 03:57 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Jeep wave is alive and well. I wave no matter what. If I get a wave great if I don't no hard feelings I'm the friendly one
Old 05-06-2013, 05:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

I wave all the time. Even when I'm in my work truck & then get crazy stares its great.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:58 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tankjeep
Just keep waving at the JKU soccer moms and little old retired men. I never got wave backs in my town and the place is crawling with Jeeps of all kinds. I just kept on waving though. Hand out the window works best on these folks that are just learning. I'm now getting wave backs from about half of the Jeeps I pass in town. Including JKUs. I to am raising the next generation of Jeep lovers with my JKU and my oldest son has already calmed it for his own when he gets his license. If I was a bachelor I would be rocking a two door, but I love my JKU! Wave on!

I'm the same way I have had "soccer moms" at gas stations ask me why people are waving at them and once you explain it I get waves from them every time I drive by them now. Even my 5 year old has converted one old retired man.

The one that pisses me off the most is the 40 year old lady that drives a 2012 Crush JKU in my neighborhood with the top down all the time, with the license plate AJPTHNG. And rolls her eyes at the people that waves at her.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:01 PM
JK Newbie

When I was signing the paper work at the dealership the sales manager was the one who explained the Jeep wave to me. I did already know about it. And I wave every time👋
Old 05-08-2013, 08:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Im in South Alabama, and the jeep wave is completely dead.... There are so many stock jeeps and small lifted jeeps.
I've came to the fact that the only ones that wave are the older guys that drive bad*ss CJ's. All these guys around here
drive jeeps for the wrong reasons... Shake my head. And they say people in the south are respectful...
Old 05-09-2013, 06:01 AM
JK Newbie

X2 man, I'm from Gulf Shores, AL and when I used to have my TJ and my CJ, I would always wave and barely got any response. The only wave that's still around down there is for motorcycles, I always get and give waves on my Harley...it's a shame what driving a Jeep has come to
Old 05-09-2013, 03:35 PM
JK Newbie

I try to wave as much as possible, but I do miss sometimes. And I was told it was a tradition to flip off hummers so that happens too.... Lol
Old 05-09-2013, 03:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have kinda noticed that a lot of people who own TJ's often snub the wave of the Jk's. I've talked to some of them and they even go as far as saying that "real" jeeps ended with the TJ's . Not to cool in my opinion.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Who cares... Just keep waving.

Quick Reply: The jeep wave is dead