Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

The jeep wave is dead

Old 09-24-2011, 02:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty good wave rate up here in my small town, I'd say 90ish%. When the rig is dirty or the top is off we got cheers and smiles along with the wave!
Old 09-24-2011, 03:40 PM
JK Freak

Hamburg NY - Suburb of Buffalo, almost all waives!!!

In the city of buffalo the other day and 3 jk's within 2 miles and no waives.

Maybe it just is not a city thing around me.
Old 09-24-2011, 03:48 PM
JK Freak

Default Wave

I've been driving Wranglers since 97. Everyone always waved. Now, with the NEW wranglers, you have the MORONS who do not know how to get into 4x4.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:47 PM
JK Freak

There's a Jeep wave?

Actually I thought that died quite awhile ago. I've noticed the corvette wave is all but dead in the last few years as well. The only wave I still see is fellow bikers (typically the sport bikers oddly enough).
Old 09-25-2011, 02:03 PM
JK Newbie

Default Don't give up..

I have a modded TJ that I have owned for a little over a year, this is my first jeep. At first I thought that the wave was just a wrangler thing, but I even get waves from modded cherokees. Its funny because I get tons of waves in my TJ except from JK's. Its almost like they are way too busy to wave, there are not many modded JK's around so I cant base my study on that. I have always told my wife about the wave and we recently purchased our very first JK (really excited) for my wife. About three days went by and my wife said to me, "Nobody wave's at me!" so I went for a ride with her, and sure enough not even modded TJ's wave. I told her to stay strong and "Dont give up!" We will be installing mods on the JK soon, and I will let you know if anything changes, as for me if you drive by me in a jeep you will be receiving a very joyful wave..
Old 09-25-2011, 03:25 PM
JK Freak

some days are better than others - go figure..
Old 09-25-2011, 06:15 PM
JK Newbie

Just got back from the Yelm, Washington area (north of Olympia) and am happy to say had a 95% return wave rate! Better than an average day in Victoria. Was great to see!!
Old 09-25-2011, 06:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ac1brooks
Yesterday was a beautiful day in Memphis. I drove the jeep to go run errands & must have seen at least 20 jeeps running around. I had the doors out, & as I passed each one I extended my arm out the side in an effort to say "hey" to my fellow jeepers. I had 1 person wave back. At least 12 of them were busy talking on the phone, 3 texting, & the rest were looking at me like I was an idiot. Finally I pulled up next to one guy at a red light & waved. He nodded at me. So I started waving my hand like my hand was on fire before I finally got him to wave back. For all those "non wavers" you can kiss my *ss. For the 1 guy who waved back thank you, & I'm not a mentally challenged.
Lol, I get the same thing. Most of them are soccer moms with 4 doors and the windows up and AC on who have no idea what the hell is going on.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:29 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JKnewguy
Just got back from the Yelm, Washington area (north of Olympia) and am happy to say had a 95% return wave rate! Better than an average day in Victoria. Was great to see!!
I live down near Olympia, and I get a lot of waves from the TJ and YJ crowd, not so much from the JK Unlimiteds though....
Old 09-25-2011, 09:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Keep waving bro!! My fiance' and others that ride with me think I'm nuts for waving.. Forget them!! Also, forget all the times that the wave wasn't reciprocated, and think of that nice feeling of when it is!! I even waved to a nicely modded Liberty the other day, and yes he waved back.. Keep Our Jeep Thing going and don't get discouraged!!

Quick Reply: The jeep wave is dead