Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

The Jeep wave.... disappearing?

Old 01-03-2010, 09:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down The Jeep wave.... disappearing?

Ok

So ever since i owned a TJ I was well aware of the Jeep wave. The common brotherhood of jeep ownership made this a daily event.

Today, with the 4 dr jeeps everywhere as baby haulers, im noticing more and more that people dont wave or wave back... is it just me?

Id also say that i see more jeeps since JK 4 drs came out than ever before in my LIFE.... is this what is killing the jeep culture?

What does everyone think?
Old 01-03-2010, 09:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Real Jeep owners know to wave. Those who dont also dont understand that its a Jeep thing.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:57 AM
JK Super Freak

This has been discussed ad nauseum.

Now that the typical Jeep owner is more likely to be holding a cell phone or Starbucks cup than waving, don't expect too many waves.
And like all motorcycles not getting respect because of the ignorant punks that show their asses, the halo effect of disdain for the latté-sipping metros spills over to JK owners that actually DO play in their Jeeps as God intended.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sixt7gt350
This has been discussed ad nauseum.
If this was everyone's attitude this forum would be use the search function and nothing new would be posted and it would be dead.

Sorry to bash you but comments like this mean you don't really want to read new posts.

Also I am in a bitch mode today and its better if I bitch at you instead of my wife, so I still have a chance to get some tonight.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just too many jeeps in town to wave at here i would never have two hands on the wheel if i did.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:41 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Just keep on waving--they'll come around. And when you have a chance to greet the obvious soccer mom, be sure to mention to her about the tradition of the Jeep wave.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:06 PM
JK Super Freak

You should thank the Jeep Gods for producing the 4 door. Fact is, the 4 door may be what saves the Jeep culture.

There are a ton of people, myself included, that realized with a growing family that a 4 door is the best option to continue to live the Jeep lifestyle. It has also increased sales of a vehicle that could have been on the chopping block.

Sure there are soccer mom Jeeps, it is a good vehicle for that, but there are more and more 4 doors showing up on the trails too. Look at the threads on this forum, including Wayolife and wayofifette. They own 2. That's a total of 8 doors on two pretty badass Jeeps

I wave to all Jeeps, and I see more and more JK's waving back. If anything I get less waves from TJ's.

Perhaps it's 2 door owners that fail to realize that when they take shots, intended or not, at the Unlimited they are they ones that are "killing" the Jeep culture. It is a brotherhood after all.

By the way from a 4 door
Old 01-03-2010, 02:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey

Well i wave to all 4 doors, I just find I rarely get a wave back from them compared to everyone else (including the TJs). I guess that is because there are alot more baby haulers on the 4 door set than any other breed of jeep, but who knows?
Old 01-03-2010, 03:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

I live in France, and there no Jeep culture here. I had a TJ 7 years ago, and I never had a wave in Paris.

By the way, what is a "soccer mom" ???
Old 01-03-2010, 03:22 PM
JK Super Freak

What bugs me is when the Rubicon owners don't wave back. What the hell are they in a Rubicon for if they don't even know the Jeep wave?

Quick Reply: The Jeep wave.... disappearing?