Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep wave gets me in trouble

Old 04-20-2008, 11:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep wave gets me in trouble

Ok.. it's been nice here for a while. I took the top off Thurday. My 4 year old gets in Saturday... Daddy where's the roof. Priceless. So Yesterday(sunday) my little one asks the wife to come with us for a ride in the jeep with the top off. Anywho... so we're driving around. My 4 year old is even waving at the other Jeeps out on the road. Wife thinks it's silly that all the Jeep drivers are waving at one another. Lots of topless Jeeps out last weekend. So we( my daughter and I ) wave at a red wrangler as we drive by it. It was a Jeep full of girls with no top on it. The wife was LESS THAN PLEASED. I thought it was pretty funny... SHE DIDN'T. "You shouldn't be waving at a Jeep full of girls" The jeep even had one of those windshield stickers" Jeep girls do it topless"
Old 04-20-2008, 11:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Dude thats great!
I had a girlfriend a few years back and the first time I jeep waved with her there it was a Smokin' Hot babe who waved back and smiled. The GF was like "who the hell was that!"
Old 04-21-2008, 03:40 AM
JK Freak

Default Iajtywu

it's just a wonderful jeep thing "perk"
Old 04-21-2008, 04:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Ha ha ha!
Old 04-21-2008, 04:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TexsDream77
Ok.. it's been nice here for a while. I took the top off Thurday. My 4 year old gets in Saturday... Daddy where's the roof. Priceless. So Yesterday(sunday) my little one asks the wife to come with us for a ride in the jeep with the top off. Anywho... so we're driving around. My 4 year old is even waving at the other Jeeps out on the road. Wife thinks it's silly that all the Jeep drivers are waving at one another. Lots of topless Jeeps out last weekend. So we( my daughter and I ) wave at a red wrangler as we drive by it. It was a Jeep full of girls with no top on it. The wife was LESS THAN PLEASED. I thought it was pretty funny... SHE DIDN'T. "You shouldn't be waving at a Jeep full of girls" The jeep even had one of those windshield stickers" Jeep girls do it topless"
Next time, just tell her it's a Jeep thing...and she wouldn't understand.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow TexasDream I think our wives are related. My wife says the exact same thing. It is always funny when the girls wave back when the wife is with me..
Old 04-21-2008, 05:15 AM
JK Super Freak

My wife makes sure I know we are aproaching a jeep. She and I both wave. She also does not care who is driving/riding in the other jeep. She thinks it's the same as waving at other boats an d the girls in those are usually wearing far less clothing and somtimes more friendly (if you get my drift). It sounds like you have more issues to deal with that just the wife not liking the jeep wave. It seems she has a few "trust" issues. Make sure she understands the wave is harmless and part of owning a jeep. Please make sure she understands and accepts this because sooner or later there will be a jeep full of bikini wearing girls and one (or several) might be a little more enthusastic about waving (or more) which would be a real problem.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:12 AM
JK Junkie

Not to highjack, but maybe a mild swerve in the thread. When doors are off it seems they all give the wave down low outside the door. Is this just a MD thing or is it the "Correct" way to wave with doors off....
Old 04-21-2008, 06:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BaltChief
Not to highjack, but maybe a mild swerve in the thread. When doors are off it seems they all give the wave down low outside the door. Is this just a MD thing or is it the "Correct" way to wave with doors off....
Who knows... I get that around here too. Usually an out the door at your Knee wave... with the thumb, index and middle fingers up...

I just follow suit now... because it's
Old 04-21-2008, 06:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quick Reply: Jeep wave gets me in trouble