Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep wave goes bad

Old 05-23-2012, 07:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm tired of buttoned up Unlimiteds rolling by and the driver has one hand holding the cell phone. In a world of their own...oblivious to my Jeep wave, traffic signals, laws of the road, others cars, etc. The reduction in Jeep waves is our community's localized part of a way bigger problem - people treat driving as a secondary task to whatever the hell else they are into.

I hate to throw the Unlimiteds under the bus, my wife drives one and waves. But that does seem to be where the void is as I'm trolling around in my topless+doorless JK, throwing out waves to every Jeep no matter what.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I get about 60% waves. I usually always wave first, maybe because I'm so excited to wave though it doesn't give others the chance first. I have twice missed a wave for glancing in the other direction and only noticing a Jeep passed when it was too late.
More Unlimited's don't wave and even more Unlimited Sahara's. Although I drive an Unlimited. It seems there was more waves when I drove my YJ.

Originally Posted by Bushmaster
I drive an unlimited and i wave all the time. The worst bit about the wave is when you go to wave at another jeep and you don't get a wave back and and you get pissed off and go to yell abuse.
Then just as you stick your head out the window you realise you're in the work truck.
Not a jeep.
It makes me feel so very sad.
I've always almost done this, but I always stop my self and think, this is not the Jeep, this is not the Jeep.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:43 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeeps_187
They need to take the a/c out of the Jeeps and maybe it will take care of this jeep wave issue. its always the people that have there tops on tight and windows closed snug that just drive by without waving. and the remark about the unlimited owners being a big number of the non wavers, that's true around here as well. not all unlimited owners are like this but it seems like the majority of the non wavers are unlimited owners.
I find jk drivers to be better than older jeeps. I know a guy who flips off after others don't wave. I don't agree with that tho. I pass a guy everyday to and fro work and I always wave. He never did for months then one day BOOM! He waved! It is all a part of owning and driving the wrangler.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:47 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by slappygoeshome

o man
Se people aren't told when they buy their first. I had a friend who got me into the wrangler back in 99 but others don't. That's why I always wave no matter what.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Redman333
Why would anybody flick you off when yo wave. A wave is a friendly gesture in general whether for a jeep or just to say hi.
Except in the north my friend haha jk
Old 05-23-2012, 08:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tbone2012
Except in the north my friend haha jk

this is true.....as a new yorker a true new yorker (upstate NY) is not really NY (haha) i can agree...
Old 05-23-2012, 09:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jaker t5
I have never heard of the jeep wave , did this just start with the JK or has it been around awhile I see people wave at me but thought they where being nice or like my jeep
The WAVE;

It's has been around since the very first Jeeps were used in WWII.
It started as a salute and progressed to a wave when Jeeps were
made available to the public.

So, to answer Your question; YES, it has been around for a while...
Old 05-23-2012, 09:22 PM
JK Freak

Either she thinks your number one or she needs and attitude ajustment. Maybe she is a freek and doesnt like Jeeps god I barely could get it typed
Old 05-23-2012, 11:06 PM
JK Newbie

The Non-Wavers probably don't understand why their JKU's don't ride like a car!
Old 05-24-2012, 12:35 AM
JK Newbie

It has nothing to do with the jeep being a jku. Im a very proud jku owner. I've been waving since my 95 yj. There are a lot of people in the world. Not all people who purchase a wrangler are aware of the wave. It doesn't mean stop waving...then one day it might not ever happen. They just need to be made aware of the community. Besides if they aren't true jeepers they will sell it eventually anyways.

Quick Reply: Jeep wave goes bad