Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

The JEEP Wave got me in trouble!!!

Old 09-08-2010, 05:16 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This holds true. If there is a passenger in another Jeep they usually "nod" while the driver waves.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Kalamari;1840356] I have a Focus for long highway trips (I know. It's like driving a vagina) QUOTE]

LOL
Old 09-08-2010, 07:18 PM
JK Newbie

Personally, I think the more waves the better.

Old 09-09-2010, 03:07 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

I have my own set of rules; If you're riding in my Jeep's front seat, you better learn to identify Jeeps because you're expected to call out any you see, and to wave. It doesn't matter who waves first, just as long as we both wave. I don't know where you get the idea that it looks dorky to have everyone in the Jeep wave--it's just sharing the Jeep experience.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:27 AM
JK Junkie

Its funny we talk about the Jeep wave all the time and this discussion never gets old. My nephew and niece came into town last weekend and didn't know that i bought me a JK so when they saw me riding up with the JK they went crazy ... made me smile. So they were like " Lets go for a drive! " I was like why the hell not. As it goes that along the drive I'm explaining to my niece and nephew that owning a Jeep is a way of life and telling them all about the wave. Well it so happens that another 4dr JK was coming at me from the other direction. I told my niece and nephew to check out the "wave". As both Jeeps got closer within waving distance the road began to turn and i almost went head on to incoming traffic. Thats not the best part, the best part is that the other JK didn't wave back .... and shortly afterward my niece and nephew laughed at me, well we all laughed because i yelled out asshole out the window.

I was able to redeem myself shortly afterward when i was on the freeway heading home i ran into another JK and my niece and nephew were egging me on about the wave. This time i knew i was going to get the wave because this JK was jacked up riding on 37's with a stubby. I waved first the other driver waved back then my niece and nephew waved back and the passengers of the other JK waved back. We did this for a good 5 min on the freeway the other drive and i were checking each other rig out, that's why. After all was said and done my neice and nephew were like looking for other JK's to wave at, a 7 min ride home turned into a 45 min ride.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:28 AM
JK Super Freak

when the wife,the girls and I are out around town, we wave at all the jeeps. either i call em out or my wife or daughter will. my 1 yr old just sits back though, but we are teaching her. my wife and i never knew about the jeep wave till we bought the JK.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:31 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
... I don't know where you get the idea that it looks dorky to have everyone in the Jeep wave--it's just sharing the Jeep experience.
Originally Posted by Sapper12b
... I waved first the other driver waved back then my niece and nephew waved back and the passengers of the other JK waved back. We did this for a good 5 min on the freeway the other drive and i were checking each other rig out, that's why. After all was said and done my neice and nephew were like looking for other JK's to wave at, a 7 min ride home turned into a 45 min ride.
Thanks for illustrating my point. Cool story. Nothing dorky at all about that.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:42 AM
JK Freak

My 9 y o son and I always wave @ all jeeps, he always points them out to me by saying "Jeep Jeep" kinda like "Slug Bug"

He did call me out one day when I gave the wave from the steering wheel when I had the doors off passing another jeep with the doors off, they waved out of the door. My son immediately said "Gah, Dad, you are supposed to wave out of the door when they are off"
Old 09-09-2010, 05:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am old school Harley so we always had the wave. My girlfriend didn't know what the F I was doing. She was like "what the F are you doing" (ha ha). She got used to it and now on to the Jeep. She tells me "Here we go again". She laughs because nobody has been waving back, when they do I'm like - HA, how do you like me now.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just put up two fingers (peace sign) when my left hand is on the wheel and I'm shifting with the right hand. I did this the other day at the beach to a 4 door without doors on, and instead of getting a simple wave back, i got 4 (or more) arms coming out of the vehicle waving! it was great! The more the better.

Also, if I don't get a wave, sometimes the two fingers go to one finger, a much different meaning than peace.

Quick Reply: The JEEP Wave got me in trouble!!!