Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

The JEEP Wave got me in trouble!!!

Old 09-09-2010, 06:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kalamari
Great rules! I hate when I'm not in my Jeep and don't get to wave at passing Jeeps. I have a Focus for long highway trips (I know. It's like driving a vagina) and have accidentally waved at Jeeps while I was driving the vagina. Gets funny looks. I tried waving at other Focuses but it's just retarded. My wife doesn't wave when she's in shotgun in the Jeep but she always asks, "Did they wave? Who waved first?". She used to hate it but now she's into it.
hilarious! but totally realistic. Well put. I understand, my JK is back home waiting on the end of this deployment....waving from a bicycle just isn't the same.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:40 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My Two Cents

I have two daughters, 11 & 7. The 11 year old is supposed to get my JK when she turns 16. The 7 year old has already put in her request for a rescue green Jeep when she turns 16, so I already know what my next vehicle will be. They are always scouting for Jeeps and they always wave. I won't stop them either. If I miss one coming my way (very rare BTW), they always let me know.

As for the return waves, they are pretty much hit or miss. Some days are good, some days are not so good. I have found getting an arm outside the vehicle with enthusiasm generally improves the odds greatly. On those rare occasions when the top is on and the windows are up, I even go so far as to put down the window just to get my arm outside the vehicle. This is the ONLY time I get any grief from my wife. She thinks waving is enough -- plainly she doesn't understand.

Last thing. There is actually a Jeep Wave etiquette. I did not learn about it until yesterday. Check it out here. ht tp://jeeptalk.org/jeep_wave.php. Who knew?
Old 09-09-2010, 06:46 AM
JK Freak

Default Well kind of a

I had a situation but I had to wave from the passenger side because my Dad wanted to drive the Jeep and didn't know about the wave. so people are waving and he is not waving back so I handled it.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

My girlfriend has become quite the Jeep spotter. Since I'm still putting around in my XJ, we don't do the wave, but we do our own Jeep version of Punch Buggy. We punch for every single CJ, YJ, TJ, and JK we see. I told her when I get my JK, the game stops and transitions to waves. She said that I can wave all I want, but she's still gonna punch the hell outta my arm when I do.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:19 PM
JK Newbie

Default Sometimes you forget...

So yesterday evening the weather pretty nice here in the Cleveland area. I’m driving along Lake Road enjoying the view and offer a little wave to a passing jeep. He didn’t wave back, but I was really enjoying the drive anyway. Beautiful sunset in the mirrors, beautiful joggers in front of me, its all good. Hey, that next jerk didn’t wave back either. Whatever. Look at the lake tonight! And with that cool breeze its a great time for a drive. Windows are down I just wish I wasn’t stuck under this roof. (Still no clue) It wasn’t until I flashed a peace sign at that third jeep that I realized I was driving the mom mobile minivan…
(He didn’t wave back either.)
Old 09-10-2010, 04:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My best Jeep Wave story took place a few years ago when I was driving my 95' YJ.

At the time I had a windshield banner that read "WAVE Damit!........It's a Jeep Thing!"

I was sitting at a red light waiting to make a left turn and saw an older couple (must have been in their 70's) in a Honda across the intersection from me also waiting for the light to change and make a left turn. They were both waving like mad and had big smiles on their faces. It took me a minute to realize they were waving at me so I waved back........must have been former Jeep owners
Old 09-10-2010, 04:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DT Dewey
So yesterday evening the weather pretty nice here in the Cleveland area. I’m driving along Lake Road enjoying the view and offer a little wave to a passing jeep. He didn’t wave back, but I was really enjoying the drive anyway. Beautiful sunset in the mirrors, beautiful joggers in front of me, its all good. Hey, that next jerk didn’t wave back either. Whatever. Look at the lake tonight! And with that cool breeze its a great time for a drive. Windows are down I just wish I wasn’t stuck under this roof. (Still no clue) It wasn’t until I flashed a peace sign at that third jeep that I realized I was driving the mom mobile minivan…
(He didn’t wave back either.)

Your in the city I take it, I think they are afraid to wave. Come down to Canton we wave to every j even XJs....
Old 09-10-2010, 05:11 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Kalamari
Great rules! I hate when I'm not in my Jeep and don't get to wave at passing Jeeps. I have a Focus for long highway trips (I know. It's like driving a vagina) and have accidentally waved at Jeeps while I was driving the vagina. Gets funny looks. I tried waving at other Focuses but it's just retarded. My wife doesn't wave when she's in shotgun in the Jeep but she always asks, "Did they wave? Who waved first?". She used to hate it but now she's into it.
LMAO!....waving at other Focus's.....LOL.......

Hell, that's funny, I don't care who ya are...
Old 09-09-2011, 05:11 PM
JK Freak

Still curious about this - Bump
Old 09-09-2011, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rubi Russ

Your in the city I take it, I think they are afraid to wave. Come down to Canton we wave to every j even XJs....
I live in Canton as well. I get...and give a lot of Jeep waves here. I hate it when I'm not paying attention and miss the wave to other Jeeps. But, I try and wave at them all. Gotta love the Jeep wave.

Quick Reply: The JEEP Wave got me in trouble!!!