Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep Wrangler 1 - GMC Suburban 0

Old 11-15-2007, 05:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gifford888
Get this -- my Mom just called and said that some guy was driving toward her on a bridge in his little Hummer (she thought it may have been an H4??) and swerved right into her brand new GMC Suburban!!! He got out, quickly changed into some pants, and proceeded to yell at her until the po-po came to the rescue! Some people........
Old 11-15-2007, 06:15 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow - I figured that folks on this forum would understand, but didn't imagine that I'd have to defend myself for my (totally acceptable) anger at the situation... Let me explain.

Originally Posted by superboo
sucks about the accident. sucks that she was careless. glad it turned out ok. but seriously though, calm down. there's not much worth getting so flustered about. especially not a vehicle.
For those of you who don't know me from this forum, I tend to be a bit of a verbose writer... I'm also a considerably "good" writer, and in this case, was using my abilities to try and put you in the moment, so that you felt as if you were there witnessing events. I think I succeeded TOO much...

Apparently, I'm a little too good at my ability to make you feel my anger! Really, once I saw that there was no real damage to my Jeep, I let it go; I "took myself back to the event" in order to write about it here, but I have no intention of using the police report to find this woman's home and chop her up into kindling while she sleeps.

Originally Posted by wolverine_man
Am I the only that finds the use of the word "Bitch" demeaning and unnecessary?
Really? Why is "bitch" demeaning in this instance? I mean, if an arrogant, careless woman who causes accidents and lies to the police isn't a "bitch," who is? It's not like I refer to all women as "bitches."

So - is there anyone out there that would actually be upset if someone hit their Jeep, or am I alone in this?
Old 11-15-2007, 06:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sure I'd be upset but not that upset and I'd be happy it wasn't worse than that. Material things can be replaced... It could have been a head on.... I'm just glad nobody got hurt.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:45 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Shell
Sure I'd be upset but not that upset and I'd be happy it wasn't worse than that. Material things can be replaced... It could have been a head on.... I'm just glad nobody got hurt.
What I want everyone to keep in mind is that this woman was not paying attention to the road, was completely unapologetic afterwards, and lied outright, both to my face and to the police.

Bicyclists and walkers/joggers like to use the road where this occurred; had it been later in the day, the bitch may very well have hit a bicyclist or even a child! What then? Would any of you holier-than-thou pacifists be upset THEN?
Old 11-15-2007, 06:54 AM
JK Freak

I am not going to totally defend MJS-Jeep-888; and can tell you personally that I would not have approached a woman in such an aggressive manner; but one thing sticks out in his story that might cause me to become more aggressive and verbally reprimand her.

MJS-Jeep-888 stated that she was; “vehemently trying to cover her a$$ by saying that she wasn't over the line”

One thing in today’s society that absolutely pisses me off is the total lack of accountability that some people exhibit for their actions. Since when has it become ok for people to actively lie about a situation just to avoid taking responsibility? Is this something that people are teaching their kids? If it is, knock it off...

I just find it amusing that some people are so quick to pass judgment on the victim because they may not have handled the situation in a “politically correct” manner. But fail to point out the whole situation would have been avoided if the person that was at fault to begin with, would have been acting in a responsible manner… Thank heaven their wasn’t a child riding a bike on that narrow bridge when she decided that her tax dollars gained her more than her half of the roadway…
Old 11-15-2007, 06:58 AM
JK Freak

Oops, I guess I am a little late... I had typed my rant but had to feed my one year old and didn't click submit.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:01 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by SteelMastiff
I am not going to totally defend MJS-Jeep-888; and can tell you personally that I would not have approached a woman in such an aggressive manner; but one thing sticks out in his story that might cause me to become more aggressive and verbally reprimand her.

MJS-Jeep-888 stated that she was; “vehemently trying to cover her a$$ by saying that she wasn't over the line”

One thing in today’s society that absolutely pisses me off is the total lack of accountability that some people exhibit for their actions. Since when has it become ok for people to actively lie about a situation just to avoid taking responsibility? Is this something that people are teaching their kids? If it is, knock it off...

I just find it amusing that some people are so quick to pass judgment on the victim because they may not have handled the situation in a “politically correct” manner. But fail to point out the whole situation would have been avoided if the person that was at fault to begin with, would have been acting in a responsible manner… Thank heaven their wasn’t a child riding a bike on that narrow bridge when she decided that her tax dollars gained her more than her half of the roadway…
Thank you for your very logical (IMO) view. Something else that I should've added earlier: I've been hit by careless drivers many times in the past, in other vehicles, so my patience with their kind is pretty much shot. In fact, I was T-boned on this very same road in my WRX, by a driver that "didn't notice me" (or his stop sign!).

I wouldn't say that I approached this woman "aggressively" - I was GOING to approach the driver VERY aggressively until I saw that it was a woman, and then settled for yelling at her and then leaving her alone - it wasn't my goal to make her cry or to intimidate her... it WAS my goal to drive a point home, though. At no point did I enter her personal space or threaten her - that would be wrong, and I don't treat women like that. I DO speak my mind, though (in case you all didn't notice!).
Old 11-15-2007, 07:03 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So, now that you have met my Ex....

*L*

You probably scared the hell out of her, alone in the sticks with some angry guy screaming at her, and her lifline had no service. Your probably more than a little lucky she wasnt armed.

That being said, Actually, I would be pretty upset myself. And have been. I had some dumbass whip an iceball at my front window early last winter, about a month or so after i got my Jeep. I was livid. I flipped, handled it poorly, and walked right into a situation where i was alone in a crowd of about a dozen 16-20yr olds. That could have ended badly.

I am glad no one was hurt, and the situation didnt escalate. I am also glad where she was at fault, the damage was on her.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:07 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Believe me, MJS--having lived in LA all my life and having seen my share of complete idiot, careless and stupid drivers... I feel for ya!!

Some people are plain old stupid and deserve to be told so when their stupidity ends up affecting somebody else's life. The sad part is, she probably didn't learn a thing...
Old 11-15-2007, 07:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It sounds like she hit you and was going to keep on driving. I know I'd be pissed about that.

Quick Reply: Jeep Wrangler 1 - GMC Suburban 0