Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep Wrangler Doors Snatched in Broad Daylight

Old 10-20-2016, 02:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They need to arrest him and revoke his Jeep Card! Jeep owners don't screw with other Jeep Owners, it's the unwritten code! This guy need to lose his Jeep privilege for life!
Old 10-20-2016, 04:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

He probably stole the Jeep too. After that article on how to do it with a laptop.

Last edited by Cutman; 10-22-2016 at 06:23 PM.
Old 10-21-2016, 07:06 PM
JK Newbie

A bunch of scrum bags nowadays, they can't even let us Jeepers have fun anymore. I get now why the JK models have the screw locks on them to prevent such an incident.
Old 10-26-2016, 04:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

While I will agree with everyone, that theft is LOW, it is a well known fact that some people will steal just about anything!
This makes a compelling argument for a good two way alarm system.
Old 02-01-2018, 02:18 PM
Former Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We scan a lot of forums and reports of things that get stolen off jeep these days. Even with some half way respectable anti-theft devices, they still find ways of ripping you off. Case in point, fellow over at another forum had his hood stolen, yet he had the Bolt brand hood lock, Turns out the thieves simply hammered out the lock tumblers lifted the off the hood and gone. Bolt was made aware of this and changed how they designed their hood locks. Yet we have a Tuffy lock which is slightly similar.

I was concerned with this and sent word to Tuffy. All they said is that they'll look into it.. All I asked was that Tuffy reposition the tumblers onto the side of the lock so one must enter the grille from an oddball angle to unlock the hood.

Then I learn about half doors being a hot item, Again turning to Tuffy, we installed the door hinge pin locks, But still think this isn't enough. I asked McGard what type of locks that had and instead of sending us an extra set of slim line door locks, they sent wheel locks instead.

One of the most important things we as jeepers must learn to avoid is posting images of our build online as this is a dead giveaway to would be thieves for future targets. I mean sure I get excited about wanting to post images of our build online, but do it just to prove simple build don't have to be complected. But I end up removing the images in fear that we've said or shown too much

Yet again, another hot item is the jeep's battery.. So why hasn't jeep amended how they built these jeep in order to make them safer and more secure.

Last edited by TrailBadger; 02-01-2018 at 02:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Jeep Wrangler Doors Snatched in Broad Daylight