Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeeps, culture, trendiness, advertising and disgust....

Old 08-14-2011, 03:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The enthusiast they have and will continue to retain for the most part. The ads are the demographic they want to appeal to, associate with or pull in. It’s probably echoed in the brand statement somewhere. So you know this and are miffed because you don’t fit that target demographic or because that is the demographic? Have you ever had that not so fresh feeing? Sometimes they just fail to connect.

Take a look at a sampling here and there are tons of modifications that have zero bearing on performance just esthetics. Add to that the, what do you think and help me decide and it’s easy to see looks matter, image matters to some. There's nothing wrong with that. If you don’t buy into it then do your thing but I wouldn’t go out of my way to disassociate myself or try differentiate myself. You will be assimilated resistance is futile.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

The frisbee commercial is cool.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've honestly never seen a Jeep commercial that I recall except for the most recent Cherokee, and it looks like they cover the grocery grabbing capabilities pretty well.

Commercials are supposed to do that, they don't need to sell the Jeep to us, they need to sell it to the people who are not loyal.

I've had 2 Jeeps, I had a 2000 XJ, and I recently bought a 2011 JK. I bought the JK because hands down my XJ was one of the greatest vehicles I've owned. I live in the NKY/Cinci area, if you know anything about it here, you know weather can really be random as crap. One day its nice and sunny, the next we have 3' of snow. Although I do hit the trails from time to time, some of the worst driving conditions I've found exist on the crap hole roads in this area.

You can call me a mall crawler or any number of terms, but I bought the vehicle that I know will last, and will get me from point A to point B, regardless of whats in between. Sometimes is a snowy road, sometimes its a mild trail, or even a stupid one I have no business on. I personally have never met a Jeeper who is a d-bag, I know they exist, but the ones I've come across are pretty awesome.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

AHow about this?
For us mall-crawlers and posers:
A Jeep Wrangler Unlimited is the only vehicle in the world that is:

American made
A 4 door convertible
4WD
Is affordable to the common person.

The above is a why I want a Jeep. It really isn't the image, it really isn't to wheel. It is the thought having a vehicle that will be warm, cozy, and capable in the worst Chicago winters....along with being able to remove the top and the doors and take it along some trails to go fishing or mountain back riding, or along Lake Shore drive. It is a 4 door, 4wd extension of my beloved motorcycle.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well the Jeep commercials failed me because I have yet to have any hot girls want to bang me...but then again my wife and kids may scare them off. LOL!!
Old 08-15-2011, 01:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm just pissed the 30 seconds I wasted reading your ridiculous post are gone FOREVER

Quick Reply: Jeeps, culture, trendiness, advertising and disgust....